GP shift, Quick shift, Power Commander, RG3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
ASM

GP shift, Quick shift, Power Commander, RG3

Alright,

My F4 is going to get a couple of days in a beauty and performance
spa (FBF) fairly soon and one of the items I want to have changed is going to GP shift. Now, I already talked to Andrew about it, but I have been asked whether or not want I want the quick shifter too and if so, that the best combination would be doing it with a Power Commander.

Now, I haven't really thought about quick shifting as I don't intend to use at the track (I have Japanese bikes to crash for that), but I was wondering about the Power Commander and the alleged flat spot between 5k and 6k if I recall correctly. Does a Power Commander makes sense?

In this regard, I just found that Noel recently mentioned an ECU reflash where they can also change fan switch on temps etc. at the same time.

Lastly, I was looking at some of the forum sponsors (big mistake) and found out that the cost of the Moto Corse Titanium exhaust equals the value of my current car. But then I essentially found the pieces for a full titanium Arrow RG3. Is it worthwhile to replace the standard exhaust with the RG3? I know they have been mentioned many times around here...

Thanks for your time and opinion...

Ciao, Andreas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 12:21 AM

New Site Garage
No such thing as a Arrows full Ti RG3 mate, RG3's are not Ti.
What are you using to go to GP shift, the gear selector drum or rearset's ?
If you have a 1000S, why don't you just get a tuned FBF chip for your ECU ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 03:59 AM

A firend and I both had F4 EVO 3, mine with standard and his with RG3 pipes (both bikes had 30,000 kms or more). We swapped bikes for a comparison and the differnce between the Rg3 and non Rg3 bikes was quite noticable with the Rg3 bike having a much smoother and much freer power delivery. I immediately went out and bought some RG3 pipes.

I know when I put Gillies Tooling rear sets with GP pattern on my F4 I had to cut a whole in the fairing as the lever from the gear spline had to go downwards and hit the fairing. Not sure if this applies to other manufacturers. Photos are on my album.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
No such thing as a Arrows full Ti RG3 mate, RG3's are not Ti.
Yeah...the word 'color' apparently was missing as they come in silver and titanium color. I just saw a silver/titanium selection box.

[quote=Donsy;1008529]What are you using to go to GP shift, the gear selector drum or rearset's ?

After talking to Andrew, it appears that the drum is probably the "cleaner" way. I honestly didn't know there was no shift linkage that I could just swap around...

I have no idea whether there are advantages/disadvantages by going with the drum over rear sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
If you have a 1000S, why don't you just get a tuned FBF chip for your ECU ?
Too be honest Dons, simply because I didn't know they have one.

That is what I am trying to gauge here...what modification to exhaust/ecu etc. makes sense. My main objective is to get rid of the catalytic converter and to get to a linear powerband (if possible). I know I can simply use the Arrow midpipe for that but...I figured, might as well add the rest of the exhaust.

Ciao, Andreas
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmevi125s View Post
A firend and I both had F4 EVO 3, mine with standard and his with RG3 pipes (both bikes had 30,000 kms or more). We swapped bikes for a comparison and the differnce between the Rg3 and non Rg3 bikes was quite noticable with the Rg3 bike having a much smoother and much freer power delivery. I immediately went out and bought some RG3 pipes.
That's exactly the piece of information I am looking for. Thank you very much.

Quote:
I know when I put Gillies Tooling rear sets with GP pattern on my F4 I had to cut a whole in the fairing as the lever from the gear spline had to go downwards and hit the fairing. Not sure if this applies to other manufacturers. Photos are on my album.
Good to know. I'd like to not have to cut/modify the fairings.

Ciao, Andreas
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 08:36 AM

Don't forget that the EVO3 doesn't have a cat so I don't know what difference that would make. I also used the standard chip (not the RG3 chip) and the bike seemed fine for road use.

I'd opt for adjustable rear sets as the position of the pegs can be changed to suit and it is easy to convert back to road pattern if desired. The fairing mod can be done so that it looks as if originally from the factory.

Pics of the fairing mod http://gallery.mvagusta.net/emmevi12...odforrearsets/
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
ASM

Quote:
Don't forget that the EVO3 doesn't have a cat so I don't know what difference that would make. I also used the standard chip (not the RG3 chip) and the bike seemed fine for road use.
Understood. But if I change the exhaust, the cat will be removed as well.

Quote:
I'd opt for adjustable rear sets as the position of the pegs can be changed to suit and it is easy to convert back to road pattern if desired. The fairing mod can be done so that it looks as if originally from the factory.

Pics of the fairing mod http://gallery.mvagusta.net/emmevi12...odforrearsets/
Adjustable rear sets would be a bonus but I was thinking that you still can use them disregarding whether or not I have the reverse drum kit or a shift linkage. Then again, I don't know.

Ciao, Andreas

Last edited by ASM; 05-10-2014 at 07:35 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 12:34 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

The reverse shift drum is indeed the cleaner option. You can still add link-age assisted rearsets if that is what you wanted purely for the quickshifter.
You can also get the 1000 R+ style standard rearsets which has quite a bit of adjustability in them specially if you wanted to keep the bike looking standard.
I have a set for sale if you're ever interested.
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 AM

New Site Garage
I have the RG3 that you mention. With the titanium color endtips. Love it and would not like anything else for that price. So good value for money!

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode