Brembo 19x20 master cylinder change questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brembo 19x20 master cylinder change questions

Hi, I am going to swap out the Nissin brake MC for a Brembo radial 19x20 one. Was wondering if someone else has done it what they used for the resevoir, brake switch, do the stock brake lines work, etc.

from what I have researched the Brembo 19x20 radial MC and brake pads are all that is needed to get truly great braking from the 6-piston Nissin calipers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 09:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
funny you bring this up.

i've got the brembo 19x20 on delivery. it's on a FedEx truck somewhere in the middle of the USA, on it's way to the left coast.

as for the switch, i also ordered the brembo microswitch and switch bracket. my plan it to just splice it into the OEM wiring harness, if the connectors on the OEM switch don't fit it directly.

the reservoir i got is the brembo 30cc. my plan is to either drill and tap a hole in the top triple clamp, or to use the pinch bolt. not sure which way i'll go since i'll need to make up the hanger.

i'm going with the stock brake lines right now, so i ordered a single banjo bolt. however, some here have recommended going to two lines from the MC, so a double banjo bolt would be necessary. i don't have a vendor for the double line setup. if you find one let me know.

btw, i got all my stuff from Hard Racing, since they had better pricing than Yoyodyne.

here's the web sites for each:
http://www.hardracing.com/Brembo/BremboMC.htm
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/Category.aspx?CategoryID=2993

alex
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi Alex,

so it sounds like the stock brake lines work - yes?

I ordered the 19x20 along with 45cc resv. I also need to make the mount.

thanks
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:52 PM

i would recommend 19x18, its the best feeling one, with the most feedback, and easy to pull, i had it on my old bike. i have it on order for this bike, stock lines will work, you need either a 45cc or 30cc reservoir, 30cc looks nicer though, you will also need a single banjo pressure switch, and some brake fluid hose going from mc to res.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I think the 19x18 and the 19x20 all get down to individual preference. The recommendation for 6 piston calipers is 19x20. I prefer to have greater outright braking power which I think I will get with the 19x20. either one would be a major upgrade over the stock set up.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:57 AM

the lever on the 19x20 has less travl, and is harder to pull, the lever on the 19x18 has more travel, and is easier to pull, and gives more controll and feedback. you decide, ive had both on my previous bikes.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep
Hi Alex,

so it sounds like the stock brake lines work - yes?

I ordered the 19x20 along with 45cc resv. I also need to make the mount.

thanks
I'm pretty sure the brake line will fit. It's just a banjo bolt and I'm not aware of any differences in sizing there.

Alex
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 02:34 PM

I have a 19/18 brembo with motocorse res, stock brake lines will fit but i went for the black kevlar to match the bike, brake light switch is goodridge brake light banjo just screw it into the cylinder works fine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode