American MV Newbie in Germany - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

American MV Newbie in Germany

Hi all

I'm a newbie MV owner. just received my F4 1000 R 1+1 today. Bought it from BMW-Ducati in Charlotte, then shipped to Germany. Very lengthy process but well worth it. Just returned from my virgin ride. Very impressed. After 8 years on a Ducati 748 (modded to 853) I have to say the experience was very rewarding and similar in some ways. Sound is better than I expected (buying RG3s this week). Very planted, slick gearbox. Overall a real treat. Can't wait to get through the run in period. Putting around sub 5,000 while fun tonight won't be fun for long.

Question, is the stock ride height adjustible to go lower or is it standard at the lowest setting? Seat height is taller than my Duc but I'm sure when the rear shock settles it'll lower a tab. I'm a lightweight 140 lbs so I'm sure I need to check the rear sag anyway.

Lots going through my brain right now but just wanted to say hi. I'll post some pics soon. Only mod thus far is a Zero Gravity wind screen (light smoke).

Cheers!
Steve

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Smile

Hi Steve

Welcome to our band of MV enthusiasts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 PM

Hi and welcome Steve.
And congrats on the R of course

As for ride height, yes you can lower it from standard setting (unless, of course, your dealer setted in as low as possible, which i doubt).
I lowered mine a bit since day one.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 04:43 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!

CAG
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Danke! Congrats on the 312R too? I contemplated a 1098, but in the end didn't like the fact that they sell at MSRP and that it's essentially the same experience as what I had. The 1000 R was enough of a leap and I thought I wouldn't need any mods (opposite of the Duc over 8 years) but now I know I'll need RG3s and the midpipe, plus I plan to buy a set of Rizoma rear sets. Anything else considered a must have? Crash protection? Would love some select CF pieces but very low bang for the buck...

2007 F4 1000R 1+1 Red/Silver - RG3, Race ECU, mid pipe, factory impeller, recall cam tensioner, MV alcantara/leather seats. Owned since new in 2007!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 05:00 PM

Hi Steve!
Where are you in Germany? We could meet at the IDM race next weekend at the Nürburgring. Me and some mates from the MV Agusta Club Germany will be there...

And RG3, midpipe and PC3 would be best as first upgrades

Concerning CF, I would suggest Lieb. Very good quality (at least as good as MV Corse) and medium price. Ask Diego for some parts --> www.mvf4.com he is a very nice guy and is very addicted to MV.

Red cheers
Manuel

you should either accelerate or brake - never you should coast
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 05:08 PM

Manuel said it all Steve..... RG3, midpipe and PC3

And thanks. Yes i just got the 312R but will have to stay stock for sometime as i'm currently broke
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel_F4
Hi Steve!
Where are you in Germany? We could meet at the IDM race next weekend at the Nürburgring. Me and some mates from the MV Agusta Club Germany will be there...
I'm far closer to the ring than you. I'm in Kaiserslautern. Are you guys riding or driving there? My TT 3.2 has seen some action on the ring. Not sure what state of run-in my MV will have at that point. Weather isn't looking too promising over the next few days. If I went it would be on 4 wheels. I was planning to go to the ring soon as it is to buy F1 tickets. Not sure why I've been dragging me feet this year. Maybe because no schumi?

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM

Hello Balls,

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Germany, a little closer to the Ring yet. I am in Bitburg. I wish I could meet you and Manuel F4 next week at the ring, but I will be out of town. It would be great to get together with some MV owners. I was at the ring on Tuesday at the GP track doing a track day. It was my first time on the GP track and I had a great time.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls
I'm far closer to the ring than you. I'm in Kaiserslautern. Are you guys riding or driving there? My TT 3.2 has seen some action on the ring. Not sure what state of run-in my MV will have at that point. Weather isn't looking too promising over the next few days. If I went it would be on 4 wheels. I was planning to go to the ring soon as it is to buy F1 tickets. Not sure why I've been dragging me feet this year. Maybe because no schumi?
WOW....how lucky are you guys, riding the 'ring !

Congrats on your new bike Balls.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode