Buying a 750 Advice Please - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Buying a 750 Advice Please

Hi eveyone new member here , i'm thinking of buying a f4 750 probably 2001/2 any advice or tips on what to look out for with these bikes ? Many thanks Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Hi and welcome.

I don't know what to say really besides the usual tips about getting a second hand bike.
But do a search on the forum and i'm sure you'll find lots of info and tips about it.
Also check JamesC mv.faq http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/ for good info
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Smile

Hi and welcome. If you do a search on your thread title you should find a few similar ones where people have asked the same question in the past. My own advice is to go for the latest model you can afford, an SPR or SR being the best IMO or an Evo model II or III. All these have more powerful engines than the earlier bikes but there's nothing wrong with these either if your budget won't stretch to one of the newer variants. Good hunting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Where are you from Watto?

I may consider selling but not sure what price to put on the bike, its a F4S 1+1 750 EV03 the private number F4 1NXS would go with the bike

as i say im finding it difficult whether to let it go, or keep it, let alone come up with a price for it
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM

Watto you should get one with full service history and the cleanest you can afford. The 750 needs to be reved to get anywhere fast (think of a good 600), and so needs regular servicing to keep her in fine fettle. A clean good condition bike will show that it's been cared for.

Watch out for resprays, parts that look newer that the others, oil leaks etc and don't forget to HPI her. Also make sure the seller has the log book and that the address you are visiting the bike is the same as the log book.

There are plenty of 750s out there so be choosy. Don't forget to make sure you get the tool kit, service book, user manual and if possible the paddock stand.

Hope this is of some help

Lloyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode