Question / resale value - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Question Question / resale value

After going back and forth between a 1098 and an MV I am totally decided for the MV (too many pros to discuss). But my question is related to something else.

I am very tempted to getting a new 06 f4-1000S. The only reason I have not done it yet, is because my industry is taking such a hit that I am a little worried of what may happen in the next few months. The bike will be the first thing to go (unfortunately) in case of "financial emergency".

I can get this bike for 17K OTD (plus tax obviously). My question is, how well do they keep their value. If let's say I need to get rid of it within the next 6 months, would I loose too much $$?

I know when in "financial uncertainty" it is wise to be conservative but as Pascal said "The heart has its reasons, which reason does not understand"

Thanks to all in advance for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
You might want to aim at a lower price. There have been a handful of people who have gotten them cheaper. I think the market for them is 16 or under these days, so you might want to keep that in mind if you try to sell on the private market.

In terms of resale, i don't think (or hope) it'll drop much afterwards since the 750s have done OKAY in terms of hanging tight these days...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 PM

Yeah, luckily leftover S models already suffered years of depriciation due to the R and 312's. Plus, they are actually 'old' already.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Do you know where I can get one for 16 or under? (remember this is an 06, I have seen 05's for 15 and a half or so).

Thanks again.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 PM

Why not get the '05? It's the same bike, and resale value would be comparable to an '06 with same miles.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

The 05 is a good point, I have not been able to locate many new 05's .

I located a couple, but (and well, yes I am picky) not the color I wanted.

Last edited by Blackmagic; 06-12-2007 at 03:21 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
I bought a 2005 S model. Paid $17,300 + tax last year. Anyone claiming they can get a new 06 S for $16K, NEW, I'd like to say "show me where!", because as far as I've seen they don't exist. $17K is about exactly what it's worth new. Expect to sell for around $15-14,000 if you must, less if in a hurry. Sounds like given your situation, a bike purchase at this time doesn't sound smart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode