312+gor = - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Talking 312+gor =

Finally, a window of opportunity on the weekend to put the 312 to the ultimate road test, the Great Ocean Road
Suspension settings still standard (out of the crate) cool day 14c, tire pressures (first time on Dunlops GPs, Med rear, soft front) 34 rear, 32 front.

Leaving Apollo Bay with all intentions of a quite amble up to Lorne however this plan went completely out the window when just after Skenes Creek i could here an odd noise and after checking the mirrors there it was, a bloody big red Ferrari F430 started to up the pace and thought i would loose him however this was not the case hindering all this was the road still damp in patches giving a huge advantage to the F430 with its complex traction control The pace just continued to rise and all bets were off I rode as quickly (given the road conditions) as I safely could (slow in , fast out) and the big red beast was not able to get past and eventually traffic just before Lorne sorted the tete a tete out with the MV "victorious" :jsm

On arrival at the Arab Cafe (bike prefered eating house) big red parked and the driver introduced himself, turns out that John (i think owns the Arab?) is a local and holds track records at Calder etc so explains why i was having just a tad of trouble getting away

The moral of this story???? on reflection, the 312 can only be described as the easiest, most user friendly, confidence inspiring MV produced to date This a rather large statement but heres why:

Handling is completely neutral and the transition from upright onto its side is incredibly confidence inspiring ; the bike feels totally planted with wonderful feedback; the front end is a "jewel" once again standard settings but simply ate up and spat out any road imperfections
Brakes are sensational the power and feedback are epic and more importantly you can modulate with ease, even found myself trail braking a few times because the communication is so impressive.
Engine and gear box are in another world compared to the standard 1000, close ratio box makes rapid progress a breeze combined with eye watering power and last but not least, the noise even big red said he could hear the MV over the Ferrari (and he had a sports exhaust )

So there you have it, in summary, the easiest and most confidence inspiring MV i have ridden to date oh, and by the way, did i mention the looks? no prize for guessing which bike attracted the most attention at the Arab
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
JSM

Oh,
and BTW, the Dunlop tires were very impressive = to Super corsa Pros

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 PM

Great pics of the 312 and I really enjoyed reading your story.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:06 PM
FSL

Nice pictures 17 times tells a tale
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
JSM

FSL,
I actually had more but unfortunately I even over stepped Admins ruling over the over use o the EEEK

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM

Nice write up...if I remember correctly you are faster than the F4S in your 335 ....will this still be the case with the 312 and how do you think you would fair against big red in the BM???

Last edited by Rockethouse; 06-11-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: missed how do
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
JSM

R,
funny youi should mention that; I was actually thinking the same thing when i first noticed big red it would have been very interesting as the 335 is an amazingly acomplished car

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Nice read!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 03:50 AM

Congrats on the 312 JSM, The pics look great, makes me home sick. I am home again soon so the MV will need a run.
I remember the red rocket, I was going from Lorne to Apollo Bay a while ago and caught up with him. He passed some cars as quick as a bike....I think he let me pass him
Will catch up one day on the coast, I would like to see the MV
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 04:12 AM

Nice story JSM

I also went for a small ride on the 312 yesterday and i had the best ride on it so far.
I'm sooooooooooooooo happy i bought it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode