RG3..how to tel the difference? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

RG3..how to tel the difference?

I just bought a F4..and my buddy has the tips custom anodized. How can I tell if the exhausts are the RG3 upgrade verses a stock pipe set. is there a notation on them somewhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to long3jl
I believe they should be stamped somewhere on the side of one of the pipes "ARROW RG3". I'd show you a photo but I'm still looking for a used set. Good luck.

[james long]
virginia, usa
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

I know mine are stamped with E-3..thats why I was curious as to what markings would be there
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith
I know mine are stamped with E-3..thats why I was curious as to what markings would be there
Only the newer RG3's are stampted as such. The conical restricting baffle (tube within a tube) clearly apparent when looking into the stock silencer is missing on the RG3's. I believe all Arrow silencers fitted to these bikes...whether stock or RG3... have the E3 stamp on them.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Established Member

My RG3's are stamped and have no E3 marking on them. My stock pipes do have the E3 on them...
Attached Images

Brian
San Antonio, TX, USA
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith
I just bought a F4..and my buddy has the tips custom anodized. How can I tell if the exhausts are the RG3 upgrade verses a stock pipe set. is there a notation on them somewhere?
The RG3 exhaust is further distinguished by a "track or race use only" inscription on the narrow polished band around the exhaust tip at the point where the tip is attached to the body of the silencer.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 02:21 PM

RG3's have had all different kinds of markings from early ones which were identically marked to std one's through to 'race use only' stamped in the stainless strap around the join from silencer to end tip,to the newest which are stamped 'Arrow RG3'

Easiest way to tell is to look up the end tips, If the inner diameter is about 15mm and the two inner pipes are quite a different size from the outers they are probably std, RG3's have inner pipes about 25mm in size and all 4 look a similar size

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Come to fnd out what I have are the Casoli modded pipes that are essentially debaffled.....hence the gold anodized tips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode