FBF vs. RG3 Exhaust Experiment - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

FBF vs. RG3 Exhaust Experiment

About 4 hours ago I received my carbon fibre FBF exhaust from Mr. UPS guy. Of course I had already taken off the existing RG3 in anticipation of its arrival. I wasted no time attempting to install it which ended up to be a very clumsy and frustrated afternoon. If I had very small hands with 12" fingers it would have been much, much easier. In any event I finished my install and fired it up. Wow! What a difference from the RG3.

At idle it has a very deep loud grumble which I must admit put a big smile on my face. The deep thundering sound gets higher in pitch (and louder) as you rev it up. It's actually a very nice, racy sound. The RG3 on the other hand has a very Ferrari-ish sound...louder and more aggressive than stock (although not nearly as so) but in a refined Italian kind of way. The FBF has my vote in looks...the carbon is definately cool and I don't mind the lack of a large muffler as you have on the RG3's.

My intent was to make a decision on which one I would keep...sort of an expensive experiment but I was dying to hear them both in person.

The bottom line is that the FBF seems to me more like a racing exhaust - loud, light, loud, beautiful, and did I say loud?

Like I said, the RG3 is more refined, just as beautiful (since I polished it up), easy to remove for cleaning, and probably a better match for street riding IMO.

So...look for a slightly used FBF carbon exhaust in the "For Sale" section in the next few days if you're interested in such things. If I was 10 years younger I would keep the FBF right where it is but, alas, I am not.

Brian
San Antonio, TX, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode