Spoke with an MV dealer yesterday...... - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicensleazy
Yep, point taken, we are only having a laugh, I also had a 999 before MV. My wife loves the design of the 999/749 and feels it was way ahead of its time. She lovels the futuristic lines.
Odd that any one likes the 999, even Ducati want to forget it!!, he also designed the Multistrada, which is next on the list of redesign's, the 1098 designer said the Multistrada looks more like a food mixer

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM

I am so sorry to say it but..... the 999 rocks. I think it is better then the 1098. The 999 was and is like nothing else just like the first 996. The 1098 is a MV a 600cbr a few other Jap bikes rolled in to one. I think it looks great but if you ever spot one on the road see how long it takes before you go "thats a duc." Now if you have ever seen a 999 come up the road or going down it you know right off its a duc. I think when you are a brand setting the standard that is how it should be. Jap bikes should try and look like your designs, not the other way around. So even thought it may by my own oppion, the 999 is a great bike and I want to get one again.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog998
Good idea to wait....I heard from a very reliable source that MV has commisioned Pierre Terblanche to design the new F4.
Yeah, and Gary Sharone was a better frontman for Van Halen than David Lee Roth!

There is the right way, the wrong way and then there's MY way!
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcctx
I am so sorry to say it but..... the 999 rocks. I think it is better then the 1098. The 999 was and is like nothing else just like the first 996. The 1098 is a MV a 600cbr a few other Jap bikes rolled in to one. I think it looks great but if you ever spot one on the road see how long it takes before you go "thats a duc." Now if you have ever seen a 999 come up the road or going down it you know right off its a duc. I think when you are a brand setting the standard that is how it should be. Jap bikes should try and look like your designs, not the other way around. So even thought it may by my own oppion, the 999 is a great bike and I want to get one again.
Yeah valid point, you did know it was a 999 on the road, the 1098 looks like anyother Jap bike front on. Also, I think the 1098 was designed my an Englishman and not an Italian, not that there is anything wrong with that of course.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcctx
Absolutely!!!

I like the 1098 and how it looks of course, but..... it's just like any other bike out there, while the 999 is a unique and trully original bike that stands out for itself.
Some hate it, while some love it.
I personally love it, so that love blended with the uniqueness and originality make it hard to beat

I know this is an MV forum, but hope you guys don't mind

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Absolutely!!!

I like the 1098 and how it looks of course, but..... it's just like any other bike out there, while the 999 is a unique and trully original bike that stands out for itself.
Some hate it, while some love it.
I personally love it, so that love blended with the uniqueness and originality make it hard to beat

I know this is an MV forum, but hope you guys don't mind

#

Ok I'm sold, now where's my cheque book?
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
#

Ok I'm sold, now where's my cheque book?
Hehehehehehe

But wait, do you have an MV or not?
If you don't, go get one and then get the 999
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hehehehehehe

But wait, do you have an MV or not?
If you don't, go get one and then get the 999

Yeah, got an MV F4 1000 S, I part exchanged my Duke. Very happy with the MV and superb build quality!
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Yeah, got an MV F4 1000 S, I part exchanged my Duke. Very happy with the MV and superb build quality!
As long as you don't sell the MV, go get a 999 and prepare to have the best of both worlds
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
As long as you don't sell the MV, go get a 999 and prepare to have the best of both worlds

I will never sell the MV, I love the bike too much! I'll keep an eye on ebay for a used 999

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode