An Angry Man - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

An Angry Man

I thought that you guys might be interested in the attached comment from the Cycle World forum. The magazine writers had tested the 312 and had asked whether the readers thatought that it was worth the asking price. I had replied with my opinion (that it was), which apparently prompted this response (sic):

"I can afford to buy one and I chose not to cuz the product support is horrible for the price they demand and most importantly the future of MV looks unstable. Of course those who already own one will be biased and disagree which is understandable to me. After all they did spend ALOT of money for a bike that should sell for alot less.
Just wait till you have to wait more then 3 months for one stupid little part that originally failed on your MV to be shipped in from Italy cuz Cagiva USA doesn't have it in stock. Then you'll be cursing your precious little 312 cuz its become a permanent statue in your garage instead of what it was meant to be which is a working, operating, serviceable road machine. If you want to spend $25K to stare at something then go buy a boat. I think a 1098 or an Aprilia would be the smarter and better choice before an MV because at least they have the dealerships and product support to back up their machines and not to mention they are sensibly priced in comparison. Good Luck to you cuz you're going to need it.
Cheers!"

Observations about the grammatical content aside, have any of you heard anything related to this claim of the Company being "unstable"?

Andy C.

'00 YAM R1
'06 MV Brutale S
'08 MV 312R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:10 AM

If it is the case that MV are `unstable` then they`re opening a hell of a lot of new dealer franchises in the UK and there are going to be a whole bunch of pi$$ed off folks around the globe

Brutale,you gotta love it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 AM

Aprilia???? You have to be kidding!

The dealer where my shop is located dumped Aprilia this year because they were the most aweful company to deal with. Parts were scarce and they were late with warranty payments all the time.

Sure, you may have to wait for the odd part with MV but they are a very well put together motorcycle overall.
It is a rare bike and sometimes you have to deal with a few quirks.....but most here are fortunate to have more than one bike in the garage.

Worth ther tradeoff if you ask me.

Corvette owners say the same thing to Ferarri or Lamborghini owners, but what would you rather drive.....

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
folks have very strong opinions about MV
if you oww one..... you understand
if you don't..... you probably won't

the reasons for such as response are as complicated as the person who penned them, i suppose

doesn't matter to me
the brutale is the best bike ever, IMHO

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:24 AM

Can't argue on the parts support issue though. I've had a part on order through a UK dealer for 11 months now. As it happens I don't need it anymore, but I'm not going to cancel it, just to see how long it eventually takes.

Si
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:51 AM
King of the Sink

The only problem owning an MV Agusta is now knowing that I'm going to have to buy expensive bikes for the rest of my life...

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM

just sounds likes a 'Hater' of me

Italian outfit, Rubber, heat, grunting, and you fill the open hole for more?? What's not to love??
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Banned

Well...I DO own one!!! And, first..the support IS horrid!!!! From the dealer all the way to Cagiva USA. I spent a ton of time on the phone and Cagiva supports my local dealerships ineptitude!!!! "You should give them more time to find the problem creating the ticking in your bike." Valve adjust, new cam tensioner and a lot of headache. Went to another local shop and the guy found the problem in less than 30 seconds...exhaust leak!!!! As for the company's instability...I spoke to a guy just yesterday, at a local Ferrari show, and he seems to be in the kow. He claims the company appears to be heading in the direction it was about 13 years ago. Since I haven't been into MV's that long, I don't know where they where 13 years ago???
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbeforednf
I thought that you guys might be interested in the attached comment from the Cycle World forum. The magazine writers had tested the 312 and had asked whether the readers thatought that it was worth the asking price. I had replied with my opinion (that it was), which apparently prompted this response (sic):

"I can afford to buy one and I chose not to cuz the product support is horrible for the price they demand and most importantly the future of MV looks unstable. Of course those who already own one will be biased and disagree which is understandable to me. After all they did spend ALOT of money for a bike that should sell for alot less.
Just wait till you have to wait more then 3 months for one stupid little part that originally failed on your MV to be shipped in from Italy cuz Cagiva USA doesn't have it in stock. Then you'll be cursing your precious little 312 cuz its become a permanent statue in your garage instead of what it was meant to be which is a working, operating, serviceable road machine. If you want to spend $25K to stare at something then go buy a boat. I think a 1098 or an Aprilia would be the smarter and better choice before an MV because at least they have the dealerships and product support to back up their machines and not to mention they are sensibly priced in comparison. Good Luck to you cuz you're going to need it.
Cheers!"

Observations about the grammatical content aside, have any of you heard anything related to this claim of the Company being "unstable"?
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Sorry, an MV is not a honda.........but thats the point for us isnt it? If you cant live with the quirks of an MV, then its not the bike for you. The minor issues are worth it to me.

There is the right way, the wrong way and then there's MY way!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Banned

That's great for you!!! I don't mind the problems. What I do mind is having to return numerous times to the dealership because they are inept. Fact is, Ducati has never left me as high and dry as mV. Finally, I ride my bikes!!!!! My 999 spent 168 days in the shop last year, about 73 the year before that. Most of this time was waiting for parts from Italy. That's why I have multiple bikes. The Thing that gets under my skin is the repetitive returing of the bike to correct the same issue that the dealer can't seem to isolate, identify and correct!!! My 999 is 22 months old. All that time in the shop and I've still managed to pile 15k miles on the odometer!!! The guy's original post is pretty accurate in some regards...there are a lot of Ducatis and MV's with just a few miles on them. People want the symbol but don't use them for what they are intended!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsduce
Sorry, an MV is not a honda.........but thats the point for us isnt it? If you cant live with the quirks of an MV, then its not the bike for you. The minor issues are worth it to me.

Last edited by 303andrewp; 06-04-2007 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode