FBF Re-Flash 5SM ECU's - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

FBF Re-Flash 5SM ECU's

For those of you who own the 1000R, Senna, 312R that have the new style 5SM ECU, have any of you performed a re-flash remapping of your ECU by Ferracci (see link)

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.p...t_detail&p=753

There are 2 options: I am guessing the street map is for those with stock exhausts, the race version for altered exhausts. I am hoping that this is a cost-effective answer rather than purchasing the MV Corse Race ECU (which is just another 5SM ECU re-mapped). I am specifically hoping to eliminate the sag between 4800-5200 RPM, and was told the MV Corse Race ECU achieves that.
Any feedback on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:52 AM

hi greg, i see you are looking into the ferracci ecu, i heard from a friend that it helps, he is not a forum member though.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 01:10 AM
FSL

Lightbulb

Before you through your load on it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy
hi greg, i see you are looking into the ferracci ecu, i heard from a friend that it helps, he is not a forum member though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRand
For those of you who own the 1000R, Senna, 312R that have the new style 5SM ECU, have any of you performed a re-flash remapping of your ECU by Ferracci (see link)

[
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

MV2Envy: Thanks for the link. Before I make a move, I thought I would check and see if others found the re-flash helpful. The last thing I want to do is send mine off and get it back only to find out performance is less than it was when stock. Then what would I do?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 PM

i dont think anything from the ferracci guys is going to be dissapointing. but do your homework first, like you said, it would be a hassel, but i think they will do a good job, as long as they know what you have on your bike. but even with the reflash, i still think a pc3 with dynotune will give you better results.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy
i dont think anything from the ferracci guys is going to be dissapointing. but do your homework first, like you said, it would be a hassel, but i think they will do a good job, as long as they know what you have on your bike. but even with the reflash, i still think a pc3 with dynotune will give you better results.
Sorry I know it's slightly off topic (talking about 1.6M unit), but I spoke with a gent who has a 750 with RG3s, RG3 eprom, PCIII and a 43T rear sprocket; He swears by this setup, driving out of turns it's not as twitchy now. Hopefully I'll get to experience this for myself soon.

Might also want to speak with Ultimap www.fuelinmoto.com.au, they do a lot of work with Dukes (in Australia) and seem VERY knowledgeable on all things ECU...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:29 AM

I spoke to Eraldo himself, the advert says it alters the fuel and ignition settings, Eraldo said it only alters fuelling.

He also told me to send the ecu with my list of mods and he would alter the fuel map accordingly, I think thats the same approach as getting a Powercommander and downloading a map from Dynojet. We all know that a custom map is the best way to go.

He told me that the race ecu was good if you didn't mind the 2000rpm idle speed, further investigation told me the 2000 rpm idle whan delivered is only down to the TPS wanting resetting in software via the VDSTS system.

Another point that came out was he said it wasn't possible to fit the PC to the bike, this proved untrue, The 'S' PC will fit, you just need a rpm fix from Dynojet to correct the rpm reaing whilst mapping the PC.

I gave up after that, fitted my PC and got it custom mapped, the bike was much better but the dip/surge at 5K was still evident, I then bought the RG3 'race' ecu, and the VDSTS software to reset the TPS and idle co etc, I loaded a zero map into the PC and the bike is real good, the 5K surge has gone, I will eventually get a custom map made for the PC just to see if there are any bad fuelling points etc but if I had gone the 'RG3/race' ecu in the first place I would have been happy and would not bother with the Powercommander.

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. The more I dig about, the more answers I am getting about the FBF re-flash. Mike -- you're right, the FBF re-flash only addresses fuel mapping, the gains are minimal. I have pasted a portion of an e-mail I received (sender to remain anonymous, slightly edited) below regarding the topic:

Please don't be fooled. The reflash by the company mentioned is totally useless and it is NOT the same map as the one used on the MV Corse race ECU. The improvement will be very small with the reflashed ECU, I know this as a few of our friends tried this and then came to buy a new MV Corse ECU and told us about the difference. We also know this as you cannot change certain aspects on the original ECU, only MV Corse can. With the stock ECU you cannot modify the ignition timing which is essentially what is required on the R/Senna models to make the necessary improvements.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRand
Thanks, guys. The more I dig about, the more answers I am getting about the FBF re-flash. Mike -- you're right, the FBF re-flash only addresses fuel mapping, the gains are minimal. I have pasted a portion of an e-mail I received (sender to remain anonymous, slightly edited) below regarding the topic:

Please don't be fooled. The reflash by the company mentioned is totally useless and it is NOT the same map as the one used on the MV Corse race ECU. The improvement will be very small with the reflashed ECU, I know this as a few of our friends tried this and then came to buy a new MV Corse ECU and told us about the difference. We also know this as you cannot change certain aspects on the original ECU, only MV Corse can. With the stock ECU you cannot modify the ignition timing which is essentially what is required on the R/Senna models to make the necessary improvements.
Thanks for that, we need to let Airfuel know this as he is unsure whether there are any ignition changes or not

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 PM

I pretty much knew the FBF ecu upgrades did nothing but fueling.
So the MV race ecu does alter ignition....good to know...but it costs around $1500 in the U.S correct??

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode