Thinking of selling bike already?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Thinking of selling bike already??

Can't get used to throttle and bike temps. Fans help a little with cooling. But I still miss my K5 GSXR 1000. Throttle is either all or nothing no middle. Unless dealer can fix problem when I take it for its 600 mile check up shes going. I have a ton invested too. Might have to e-bay parts. And put back to stock. Anyone have any input with throttle? I heard spring removal. And throttle body resincing. Heat I can live with bad performance I can't. It's getting to the point I don't like driving it.I'd rather look at it. And thats pretty bad!!

Last edited by Jimmyz; 05-31-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:42 PM

oh dear sorry to hear that!!! id give it a bit more time and run it in a bit more , is it a f4 1000s? ive ridden the gixxer k5 and it is a totally different ride to a mv, its probably a far better all round road bike than a f4 1000s but i had the choice of a new k7 but chose the f4 because they are different and stand out from the crowd, just give her a biot more time but if you do decide its not for you gimme 1st refusal on your bits !!!!!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:53 PM

Did you try the Power Commander and removing a throttle spring?

Throttle spring:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2006/03/th...g-tension.html

TPS setup:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tu...ensor-tps.html

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 05-31-2007 at 05:08 PM.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 PM

Sounds to me like your bike needs a good set up, they also respond to a powercommander and custom mapping quite well, certainly helps with the throttle, but if you think it will ever be as nice on the throttle as your gsxr1000 best be prepared for a bail out The MV does not have the twin butterfly system of big jap 4's so it will never feel the same

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz
Can't get used to throttle and bike temps. Fans help a little with cooling. But I still miss my K5 GSXR 1000. Throttle is either all or nothing no middle. Unless dealer can fix problem when I take it for its 600 mile check up shes going. I have a ton invested too. Might have to e-bay parts. And put back to stock. Anyone have any input with throttle? I heard spring removal. And throttle body resincing. Heat I can live with bad performance I can't. It's getting to the point I don't like driving it.I'd rather look at it. And thats pretty bad!!
Sorry to hear that.

MAKE SURE your dealer fixes it!!!!

Make your dealer set up co and tps properly, get an RG3 and decat the bike and get a PC3 and make a nice custom map.

Do a search on this forum about this issue and check for yourself how other have fixed that issue.

Good luck
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Established Member

sounds like something is wrong. I find the throttle response on my '06 to be very smooth and can open the throttle much earlier at corner apex then on my 996 and '04 Mille R. Overall I find the power very smooth and controlable. Only a bit of a flat spot at 4k that has almost gone away.

I would also look to change to water wetter or engine ice over the stock coolant.

I was also surprised to see RRW complain about shifting. My bike is the best shifting bike I have ever owned.

my only concern is the brakes, a bit on the weak side and looking to upgrade.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Guys heres what the bikes already got performance wise.

Dyno Jet Power conmander
BMC Race Filter
RG-3 exhaust
RG-3 computer chip
no cat mid pipe
Engine Ice

I have a power commander on and it was dyno at 159.8 horse . Set map back to zero seemed like it ran better with RG-3 chip controling computer.When you take off from a dead stop it hesitates real bad . I also notice sometimes it pops through exhaust while going through gear changes. It also hechups in air boxs sometimes too.Don't know if the dealer where I bought it from didn't set bike up right but this really sucks. Taking it to another dealer for first service. Hopefully they cure problems. I will try spring deal to see if its a quick fix. Thanks for all replies. I really don't wont to get ride of her.I've always wanted one of these bikes. Now I have it I feel like its a big let down thats all.

Last edited by Jimmyz; 05-31-2007 at 06:47 PM.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM

Oftimes PC's are used to get high hp numbers, but screw up rideability; Sounds like what your dyno tuner did.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz
Guys heres what the bikes already got performance wise.

Dyno Jet Power conmander
BMC Race Filter
RG-3 exhaust
RG-3 computer chip
no cat mid pipe
Engine Ice

I have a power commander on and it was dyno at 159.8 horse . Set map back to zero seemed like it ran better with RG-3 chip controling computer.When you take off from a dead stop it hesitates real bad . I also notice sometimes it pops through exhaust while going through gear changes. It also hechups in air boxs sometimes too.Don't know if the dealer where I bought it from didn't set bike up right but this really sucks. Taking it to another dealer for first service. Hopefully they cure problems. I will try spring deal to see if its a quick fix. Thanks for all replies. I really don't wont to get ride of her.I've always wanted one of these bikes. Now I have it I feel like its a big let down thats all.
Mike is right, the throttle wiill never be as good as your K5 but it should not be so bad that you want to sell the bike.

As mentioned, make sure you set it up as per the FAQ, I haven't done the spring thing but I've heard it helps. Then take it to a reputable tuner and get it mapped and this should sort out most of your problems...with regards to temps if you ride in a lot of stop go traffic maybe some of those Alu fans would be a good idea. I couldn't love my MV any more and don't miss my GSXR one bit, work it out you wont be sorry.

Was your PC custom mapped before or did you use a downloaded map?
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:43 PM

Jimmyz,

You sure did alot of stuff to the bike before it even had 600 miles on the meter. Certainly you can not blame Cagiva USA for your problems. Left alone the bike would have been fine.

Nonetheless, though this is not my expertise, maybe replaceing the original eprom may remedy some performance issues. Try it...you have nothing to lose.

It seems the "blame" also lies with whoever did the mods for you. I've said it before: once you begin to mess with the engine management be prepared for "tweaking" issues.

Good-luck. I hope you work these problems out to your satisfaction, as riding an MV F4 running well is GREAT.

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode