MV Agusta 750 Purchase options? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta 750 Purchase options?

I'm considering purchasing a F4 750 and I've been reading through the forums and different posts for a few weeks now and do not have many questions remaining. I see that my choice may be targeting the evo2 or 3. I recall seeing those up on cycletrader and ebay for roughly 12 - 13k.

I'm looking around and I'm not able to get a grasp of what parts are costing? I did see a E-moto site which I've looked at and see some concerns. 1st, being the only exhausts I saw were going for between $4000 and $8000. This was for the full exhause system but still seems redicualious in comparision of the bikes price tag of even $15,000 or a Brand new F4 1000 being about $22,000 (from what I've seen, please throw in a comment and correct me). The fairings seem more than fair, but 2nd, I did not see a full selection of parts...

I guess what I am looking for is: What am I looking at for typical parts say a front stand, gas tank replacement, gauge cluster, stock exhaust replacement. Also, a good place to purchase, dealer? I do enjoy working the bikes, probably more than riding.. I'd be grateful if anyone can provide any input.

Last edited by Cooly0; 05-30-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:40 PM

parts/accessories for MV's aren't cheap. just like porsche/bmw/benz. however, if you are stateside, emoto's site will sting that much more because of the exchange rate. seeing the difference when you convert to dollars can hurt your feelings. truth is, don't compare prices for MV stuff to the aftermarket of the japanese bikes. you'll be all the time. with that said, there is still plenty of reward to ownership. especially if you get the evo3. it will already have the RG3 headers so you won't have to buy a full system, just slip-ons.

cheers.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Long-term MV ownership does have me a bit scared. I might have to buy another bike to use as a parts bike eventually. That could be the best way to go if you really enjoy working on the bikes.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Smile

Scouring ebay is always a good source of parts for MV's. The truth is they are pretty reliable beasts and servicing parts like oil and air filters + spark plugs are fairly easy to find if you prefer DIY servicing. I appreciate that for those members based in the USA, the currency exchange rate is not in your favour at the moment but there does seem to be more parts available in Europe for MV's than west of the Atlantic at the mo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:32 PM

I think you'll for most parts at:

a) dealers;
b) eMoto (board sponsor);
c) Motowheels. http://www.motowheels.com/
d) Casoli UK http://www.casoli.co.uk/
e) For Sale section on this board

Did I miss anything else?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM

yep. nothing like being a ebay vulture. PLUS there are some very generous people on this board. if you need something, just put it out there and you may get more reponses than you would think.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one
... especially if you get the evo3. it will already have the RG3 headers so you won't have to buy a full system, just slip-ons...

cheers.
Style_One - I'm not so sure the evo3's come with a different header than the evo2's. There were minor cosmetic changes, most obviously the color of the wheels, but no "performance" enhancements that I know of.

If you look at the MV web site it lists the only changes as:

Aluminum silver colored wheels like the SPR model
Clutch cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey
Sprocket cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey
Phonic wheel cover painted in MV AGUSTA grey
EVO3 identifying initials

I just wanted to point that out since evo3 models tend to be harder to find and if performance is a consideration for our new purchaser the evo2 will do the job just the same as an evo3.

...now the SPR has lots of performance goodies the others don't have...

Brian
San Antonio, TX, USA
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 08:33 PM

we are long time debators of this subject. the evo3 model came with the SPR/RG3 headers as stock equip. as a matter of fact some of the evo2's managed to get these headers. the silencers were still standard though. all the rest is the same. i think this is also on the FAQ. in any event, the headers i have on my bike came from a stock evo3, and they are SPR/RG3/senna headers.

hayey jamesc...where's my dollar?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
I think you'll for most parts at:

a) dealers;
b) eMoto (board sponsor);
c) Motowheels. http://www.motowheels.com/
d) Casoli UK http://www.casoli.co.uk/
e) For Sale section on this board

Did I miss anything else?
yes, you missed http://www.mvf4.com
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 08:41 PM

and being that ferracci is the US importer for cagiva...don't leave them out.

ferracci.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode