750 throttle: twist to open? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

750 throttle: twist to open?

Could use some feedback from 750 owners. Mine's a '00 750 w/ very low miles- less than 500 now, bought it a month ago with 183- and it seems to have a very snatchy throttle response from closed. After it gets going it's fine, but that initial bite is anything but smooth. Since this is my first F4 I have no idea if this is a characteristic of 'personality' or not. I have removed the throttle spring like many owners, but I can't remember if this snatchy feeling was there prior to removing it or not.

The dealer swapped the fluids and put new tires on it since it had been sitting idle for 5-6 years, but mechainically everything seems fine. Love the bike, but this low speed throttle response freaks me out from time to time, and makes slow speed manuevering somewhat of a challenge. So I'm just trying to determine if this is 'how an F4 is' or if I can do something about it.

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:50 AM

Hey Im in MN and just bought a 00 f4 from chicago.. my throttle seems alright but how does your mid-range power feel?? mine seems like its not there
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:56 AM

New Site Garage
mine is kinda jerky, but only after i've opened it up. i haven't removed anything, but i'm used to the throttle response. it took me a while, but it's ok now.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna
2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:26 AM

i can suggest 3 things, tune up, power commander, and dynotune/custom map.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 AM

Hi Chaps,I had a 2000 f4 with exactly the same throttle/4-5,0000 rpm issues....tried rg3 exhaust and powercomander......improved the situation slightly but not enough........now swapped to an 2004 evo 3 f4.....much better.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 04:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Powercomander + custom map/tune = bliss (PS key is the custom mapping each bike is different)

MVA Sydney
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 AM

New Site Garage
The F4 is notorious for a snatchy low end. I have a '04 EVO 3 from new and had the same problem especially evident in low speed maouvres and setting up for those hairpins.
So, fitted PCIII and dynoed the bike to remap. Then took away the second throttle spring on the left hand side of the bike as described by JamesC in his blogspot and has made the bike much, much smoother especially in the hairpins - now no more lurching and unsettling the bike.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 AM

I wouldn't say my '00 F4 is snatchy, but I did notice the spring is stronger than what I was used to from my previous bikes. But I soon got used to that. The biggest issue I find is that my fueiling is a bit hit and miss on a constant part opened throttle, and sometimes it will hesitate going round a slow corner (like a mini-roundabout or t-junction), which can be a bit distracting, so I usually try and keep opening it slightly as I go round. It's running rich though, (at 2000 miles it's never had the throttle bodies sync'd since new), so I'm hoping that'll help a little when I get that done.

Si
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

The problem I'm having is from idle- the initial bite comes on too much/too fast. Once the power is on it's fine. I've not noticed any mid-range power issues, though I'm still breaking her in (got 400 miles on now), so I've not been able to open her up fully yet (which is KILLING me).

Maybe this initial opening-from-idle is an MV thing. Sounds like a lot of Brutale owners have this issue, too. Removing the throttle spring made the throttle twist easier but didn't remove this issue, so maybe it's a fuel mapping thing??

I dunno- I'm just gonna ride the thing.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 09:14 AM

just get a pcIII and dyno tune. u will be ok.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode