Raced a 07' 600rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Raced a 07' 600rr

So I was with my buddy today and I decieded to race him from rolling from 1st gear and I am not happy at all.. Should I not beat a 600 or what is the deal?? We were pretty much even up to 150?? I have a 00' 750 with a chip,filter and modded exhaust his is bone stock.. Any input would be helpful thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 AM

Find some corners, then do it again
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Its called power to weight ratio. I weigh about 70kg + 215Kg MV (wet) which is 285Kg total

Compare to an average rider 90kg + 190Kg (wet) CBR600RR which is 280Kg.

So there is not much between the two.

The 750 is on the porky side compare to the current crop from Japan Inc.

The 750 must be ridden like a 2stroke to really benefit from any power advantage.

Who cares really about straight line power. Its 90% up to the rider in the twisties.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 05-29-2007 at 04:58 AM.
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 04:13 AM

it might need to be tuned. it may feel like it's running fine but a little tune can be the world of difference.
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmin540
So I was with my buddy today and I decieded to race him from rolling from 1st gear and I am not happy at all.. Should I not beat a 600 or what is the deal?? We were pretty much even up to 150?? I have a 00' 750 with a chip,filter and modded exhaust his is bone stock.. Any input would be helpful thanks
7 years difference, find a 2000 CBR.
Also a 43T at the back might help. as when the same power is almost there, is how you bring it to the road. torque/gear diagram tells you more

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 AM

So what are You complaining ? 7 Years difference in development. The CBR 600 RR is nowadays as powerful as your 750. The F4 750 was never a low rpm giant, You had to stay in the high Rpm Range to get full advantage of the possibilities. The only competitior at that time in the same class (750) was in 2000 the Gixxer. And guess what, the Gixxer won most of the comparisions, because the GSX was torquier. But Reving is what the actual 600's need as well. To it is the F4 750 likely even heavier than the CBR. And don't forget the Japanese fight a fierce battle for the fastest Bike in the Supersport Class. Resulting in breathtaking performance raises every Year.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti
So what are You complaining ? 7 Years difference in development. The CBR 600 RR is nowadays as powerful as your 750. The F4 750 was never a low rpm giant, You had to stay in the high Rpm Range to get full advantage of the possibilities. The only competitior at that time in the same class (750) was in 2000 the Gixxer. And guess what, the Gixxer won most of the comparisions, because the GSX was torquier. But Reving is what the actual 600's need as well. To it is the F4 750 likely even heavier than the CBR. And don't forget the Japanese fight a fierce battle for the fastest Bike in the Supersport Class. Resulting in breathtaking performance raises every Year.
+1
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 06:30 AM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemmin540
Well...you actually chosed to race the one 600 you probably should not...race any other and you may get slightly better results. The new 600RR is more than a beast and currently is *the* 600cc bike in the world. Honda pretty much defined nearly every parameter (weight, torque, midrange etc.) of the 600cc world new.

Having said this...you have to take 7 years of development into account...and this is even 7 years in the supersport world...it is just like with dogs...1 year of supersport is 3 years in regular bike classes...

So...I would not really worry...when you get off the bike, the crowd will be around yours...and you always feel the whiff of exclusivity and isn't that what counts?

Ciao, Andreas
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacechumper
+1
+2

Every year, a given displacement bike gains another few horsepower in its design. Over 7 years, a "little" 600 could be up as much as 35 horsepower. Today's 600's are as powerful as a turn-of-the-millenium 750. Add to that better stock suspension, and they are better at putting the power down to the ground.

Think about the MV's -- within the 750 line, they've gotten more and more hp out of the motors (think EVO iterations, SPR). Or even in the 1000's. Same block, in most cases, and more and more horsepower.

It's a bit of an ego blow - guys on little 600's have as much bike as some of our 750's!

TC

Two CBR600RRs (each faster than Reopropf)
Formerly SPR #257 (faster than Reopropf - hell, even without it, I'm faster than Reopropf)
Louis Marx & Co. 16" Big Wheel (yes, that's faster, too)
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 PM

Go to the Barber Motorsports museum here in Birmingham. The last time I was there I saw 1,000 of the most beautiful bikes in the world. Want to know what was the showpiece as you initially enter on the main level? MV Agusta Brutale sitting center stage getting all the oooh's and aaaah's. Park your MV beside any 600cc in the nearest Wal-Mart or any parking lot and see which bike gets the stares. There's lots of ways to win other than having the fastest steed around.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode