long ride on my 1000r"throttle problems" - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

long ride on my 1000r"throttle problems"

Yesterday I rode 300 miles on twistys and straights.The bike handled well and had lots of power, and I mean lots of power.My only compaint was, in tight corners the throttle was very sensitive.It was like a fine line between power and no power with very little throttle input. I hate to say it,but its identical to what the magazines have been saying about fuel mapping issues with the 1000R's that has been corrected on the 312's.Other than suggesting I replace this new bike with an 312 any suggestions on correcting this super sensitive throttle issue? Thanks in advance for your positive advise.
Neal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM
The Dude

sounds similar to the brutale 910 as well. some thing a power commander will help sort it out, others disagree. I'm gonna get one anyway, and hope for the best. cheaper than a new bike anyway.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:12 PM

i have that same problem on my F4S, throttle is too sensitive, im eather accelerating, or slowing down, there is no in between, like my mercedes, how will the power commander correct this? if it will, ill get one in a heartbeat
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 PM
ASM

Well...I think that is the same fueling thing I was discussing with Manuel in a different thread. He suggested using a PCIII to get rid of that one...granted we were discussing that for the F4 S but I would expect it to be the same...

Ciao, Andreas
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filatesta
Yesterday I rode 300 miles on twistys and straights.The bike handled well and had lots of power, and I mean lots of power.My only compaint was, in tight corners the throttle was very sensitive.It was like a fine line between power and no power with very little throttle input. I hate to say it,but its identical to what the magazines have been saying about fuel mapping issues with the 1000R's that has been corrected on the 312's.Other than suggesting I replace this new bike with an 312 any suggestions on correcting this super sensitive throttle issue? Thanks in advance for your positive advise.
Neal
i used to have the same problem but after changing my ECU and exhaust ....

Its perfect now .... i believe you dont have to run a full system but a change of the ECU is a must... the stock is too Rich in mixture
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Neal
Do a search on the forum about fuelling or throttle kerkiness and you'll find lots of posts and sugeestions on how to fix it.
I think the most common suggested fix is adjust co and tps, decat the bike and get a open half system (RG3, for instance), and fit a PC3 with a custom map done by who knows what is doing.
I never done it, but they say it fixes it for good.

As for the 312, it's way better than my S was regarding this issues, but it's not perfect and you can still notice that throttle jerkiness but in a mild manner.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 AM

Also taking the spring of the left hand side of the throttle body helps, if you haven't done it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Established Member

Quote:
... in tight corners the throttle was very sensitive. ...
For me the throttle response itself is sensitive to where in the rev range I am. In corners I find the throttle response is good if I am in the range of [6000 , 9000] and is so-so in the range [4000, 6000]. The bike is kind of dead when less than 5000 rpm.

Senna 1000, 06 zx10r - past 82 kz750, 82 gpz750, 87 1000 ninja, 92 cbr900rr, 2000 cbr929, 03 gsx-r1000
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to speed_racer_500 Send a message via Yahoo to speed_racer_500
Yup i get the dead spot at 4000 to 5000. The bike seems to run rich and load-up, and then it hits 5500 to 6000 and snaps out of it. If you are under full throttle it will send the front up in second gear when it snaps out of the loading-up. That is what i found to be with mine and i have a 2005 F4 1000. I was looking at a different ECU and RG3. I would like to more about the spring removal. I have not heard of that one.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Dyno and PC should do the job, plus upgrade chip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode