Adjusting Engine Braking? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Adjusting Engine Braking?

The website makes it sound like you can adjust the engine braking on the new F4 R, but has anyone actaully tried to do it? Or has anyone tried to just buy a slipper clutch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 05:51 PM

i have a f4s and im thinking of buying the ferracci slipper clutch, its by far the lowest price one ive seen, and ferracci is a good brand name for mv, no?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECON8541
The website makes it sound like you can adjust the engine braking on the new F4 R, but has anyone actaully tried to do it? Or has anyone tried to just buy a slipper clutch?
It is supposed to be able to be altered but I have yet to hear of any one doing it, you can mess with it slightly by allowing the cylinder 2 to have slightly less vacuum, i.e have the throttle screw a little further out than the rest

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah, you would think that if MV says it can be done and boast it as a selling point, then MV sevice centers should be able to help us with it. But what I have seen is most of them are Duc service centers that don't even know how to do a service on the MV's without opening the shop man. I just had my 600mi service and I asked what they did for 300 bucks, the guy told me he thinks they did the same stuff on the list for the aprilla (he gave me a sheet with a checklist on it), minus the valve adjustments.....basically changed the oil, cleaned air filter, and made sure nothing was falling off the bike for 300 bucks.....i mean...check tire pressure and chain tension? wow, i think i will be changing my own oil until i need a valve adjustment
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:17 AM
King of Carbon

Send a message via Skype™ to DesignCorse
Ebs

I have heard that it is possible to change the settings of the EBS system but dont know anywhere that actually does it.

If you have a 1000R you,ll be suprised that there isnt a slipper clutch made for it yet and you cannot fit the 1000s STM on the R model.

At present I have STM making a slipper clutch for my 1000R and it should be ready in a few weeks. Once fitted i will give feedback weather its worth fitting it or keeping with the standard EBS on the 1000R model.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Established Member

Can any of you guys with 1000s tell me how the engine braking compares to a 750? The engine braking on my evo2 is pretty strong - certainly the strongest of any 4 that I've ridden. It has a chip for the race cans too and I wondered if this makes a difference. In fact, at times the engine braking seems comparable to some Ducatis that i've ridden a lot. The only thing with much more was a Laverda 750 Formula which also rattled out the fillings in yer teeth! I reckon the MV is one bike that would benefit from a slipper clutch as much as some machines do from steering dampers - anyone agree?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVMANIA
I have heard that it is possible to change the settings of the EBS system but dont know anywhere that actually does it.

If you have a 1000R you,ll be suprised that there isnt a slipper clutch made for it yet and you cannot fit the 1000s STM on the R model.

At present I have STM making a slipper clutch for my 1000R and it should be ready in a few weeks. Once fitted i will give feedback weather its worth fitting it or keeping with the standard EBS on the 1000R model.
wow! thanks, I almost got the one they sell. They don't state if it fits just the S or not, they just say that it fits the F4 1000. close one, when you are talking 1500 bucks!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisysilmotoman
Can any of you guys with 1000s tell me how the engine braking compares to a 750? The engine braking on my evo2 is pretty strong - certainly the strongest of any 4 that I've ridden. It has a chip for the race cans too and I wondered if this makes a difference. In fact, at times the engine braking seems comparable to some Ducatis that i've ridden a lot. The only thing with much more was a Laverda 750 Formula which also rattled out the fillings in yer teeth! I reckon the MV is one bike that would benefit from a slipper clutch as much as some machines do from steering dampers - anyone agree?
After a 750 the 1000 fires you into corners like a two stroke takes some getting used to

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 05:01 PM

I'm not sure why one would want to put a mechanical slipper clutch on a bike which already has a slipper type of setup?

But if you must, I would wait to see what Adler does. Those things are awesome. Way better than any regular slipper clutch I've ever used.

The 750 has lots of engine braking. I have a WCT chip which increases fueling just a little at idle and closed throttle, but it doesn't make much of a difference. Hard blipping at race pace is a necessity.

'01 F4S
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisysilmotoman
Let me put it this way: my GSXR 750 k6 has 10x more engine braking than the EBS provides on the F4 1000. I wouldn't say there is none... not quite, but close.

2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 AGO
2006 Suzuki GSXR750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode