1st fast ride on the 312 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

1st fast ride on the 312

So I took the 312 out for its first hard ride since owning it. And all I can say is Holly Sh#T!! I put on 100Mi in Seattle before having it shipped and it was so planted in curves the bike makes you feel well in control! Well today I took it through the Mtns in Alaska and the bike is so friggin amazing while being chased by a R1 RSV and a cpl of GSXR's I was so impressed on how smooth the bike feels through the RPM's and at high speeds I quickly left these riders well in my mirrors if i could see thru my elbows. As we came into what is called the Chickaloon Straight where all the traffic unleashes on a mini AutoBahn to get around motorhomes and other traveling cages normally I am around 80+ on my R1 and pin it thru the straight of about 2 1/2 miles It'll read around 186 topped. Well today before the straight I let the gsxr's and R1 lead before the straight and gave a good 400 yrd head start as i came thru around 55MPH and pinned it i read the #'s 197 as i ate up the 3 guys that were pinned and had more than 1/4 mile left of straight and the bike was slowed to 80'smph in less than an 1/8 mile. This is the first time I Have been scared and excited on a bike especially at high speed. Now I am no speed demon I save it for the track nor am I a wreckless rider in town always the speed limit well maybe a tad over. so keep the flaming to a minimum And I will tell you this is a serious machine of power and stability. So I guess what I am getting at is this is the most planted high powered bike I have ever been on This thing will never get opened up again and the power range is so instant once in the Rpm's it is totally amazing and it just beggs once it is running at RPM's and speed it is like a mystical spell it cast over you that beggs you to let her show her power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst
So I took the 312 out for its first hard ride since owning it. And all I can say is Holly Sh#T!! I put on 100Mi in Seattle before having it shipped and it was so planted in curves the bike makes you feel well in control! Well today I took it through the Mtns in Alaska and the bike is so friggin amazing while being chased by a R1 RSV and a cpl of GSXR's I was so impressed on how smooth the bike feels through the RPM's and at high speeds I quickly left these riders well in my mirrors if i could see thru my elbows. As we came into what is called the Chickaloon Straight where all the traffic unleashes on a mini AutoBahn to get around motorhomes and other traveling cages normally I am around 80+ on my R1 and pin it thru the straight of about 2 1/2 miles It'll read around 186 topped. Well today before the straight I let the gsxr's and R1 lead before the straight and gave a good 400 yrd head start as i came thru around 55MPH and pinned it i read the #'s 197 as i ate up the 3 guys that were pinned and had more than 1/4 mile left of straight and the bike was slowed to 80'smph in less than an 1/8 mile. This is the first time I Have been scared and excited on a bike especially at high speed. Now I am no speed demon I save it for the track nor am I a wreckless rider in town always the speed limit well maybe a tad over. so keep the flaming to a minimum And I will tell you this is a serious machine of power and stability. So I guess what I am getting at is this is the most planted high powered bike I have ever been on This thing will never get opened up again and the power range is so instant once in the Rpm's it is totally amazing and it just beggs once it is running at RPM's and speed it is like a mystical spell it cast over you that beggs you to let her show her power.

Nice post. I am happy for you.
Is your bike stock ?

Don't cry, for you also the dream will become reality ! Why not ? F4 1000, Brutale S, 998S, Husqy TE510
Patrick
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

complete stock saving up for a few carbon pieces (key guard, rear hugger) other than that no exhaust that i am aware of are on the market.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 07:26 AM

Glad to know you're enjoying it

But take care with those high speeds where a small problem is fatal
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
great thread
i am happy for you as well

for the money you've spent on your 312R......
how many months a years can you actually ride?

was THAT an issue in YOUR PERSONAL JUSTIFICATION for buying a 25K bike?

....... just wondering

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Glad to know you're enjoying it

But take care with those high speeds where a small problem is fatal
1 + ALMOST FATAL I broke my engine (F4 1000S) in 6th gear at 10000rpm !!! Very, very bad situation. The connecting rod came through the front engine housing (big hole) ... oil and water everywhere. I let you imagine how it was ... funny
I didn't crashed so I wanted to have a whisky. No alcohol in Kuwait so I was happy with my Pepsi-Cola.

Don't cry, for you also the dream will become reality ! Why not ? F4 1000, Brutale S, 998S, Husqy TE510
Patrick
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 09:41 AM

+ ALMOST FATAL I broke my engine (F4 1000S) in 6th gear at 10000rpm !!!

Are you guys saying thatthe engine is not strong enough tpo handlethe high RPMS? I heard a bunch of stuff like this ( missed shift watch out etc) What is the deal with this as I am waiting for my pickup of my new 06 S. TIA
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarcello
+ ALMOST FATAL I broke my engine (F4 1000S) in 6th gear at 10000rpm !!!

Are you guys saying thatthe engine is not strong enough tpo handlethe high RPMS? I heard a bunch of stuff like this ( missed shift watch out etc) What is the deal with this as I am waiting for my pickup of my new 06 S. TIA
Congrats for your F4.
Don't worry amarcello. It is not a specific problem on the F4 1000S. Like for Suzuki, yamaha etc... a tech. problem can happen. Here in Kuwait we are always at high RPM and the MV engines doesn't have more problems that the japs engine. Since two years it was the first problem. If you see what we are doing with this bikes over here, we can say that the MV engines are reliable.
Check the video on YOUTUBE > "MV Agusta in Kuwait" The bike did 31000kms in one year. This bike has 33000kms now and runs very well.

Patrick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode