1000 R and 312 Owners - Question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

1000 R and 312 Owners - Question

Actually, a couple of questions....I was reviewing the specs on the 1000 R and I assume these are pretty much the same with the 312, mius some engine mods, are they fitted with Pirelli Corsa's???? I notice they are 190/55 instead of the 190/50 on the S model. Can I run 190/55 on my S and what is the benfit? Thinking about fitting my S with Corsa III's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:58 AM

My '06 F4S has the 190/55 when I bought it from the dealer. But I've never ridden a F41000 with a 50 so I can't tell you the difference.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:05 AM

It is a very personal question. Tireís Brand, type and size depend more on the driverís style and usage, than to the Brand itself (assuming that all the well known Brands are producing top level tires).

Search the forum for this subject, there are a lot of threads about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

so my guess is a 190/55 will mount onto the silver rims.....what is the brand that comes stock on the 1000 R?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo
so my guess is a 190/55 will mount onto the silver rims.....what is the brand that comes stock on the 1000 R?

my local has three R's in the lot..... all have different tires
1. red/silver has diablo's
2.red/silver has pilots
3. black has dunlops

what gives? has MV made deals with a few tire co. ?? to keep them all happy?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 12:11 PM

to answer your question...yes, the 190/55 will fit. the immediate noticeable difference will be rear ride height as it will grow a little taller. second would be supposed quickness in turn in and ease of flip due to more conical profile. best way is to try it and see if you like it. some go back to 190/50's some don't. kinda like tire brand as well. some work for you, some don't.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:18 PM

My R312 came with Dunlop 190/50s. My bike was bought US spec in Italy though so can't say what they come with in other countries.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM

actually AF AGUSTA your 312 came with the dunlop GPA's 190/55 and the 55's turn in quicker like a 180/55 does on a supersport bike they are for better handling while keeping a wider tire on the back for a bigger motor. I am a huge Pirelli fan on the track and street for overall grip and tire warm up BUT have saying that this is my first set of Dunlop GPA's which are a street/track tire and they are pretty awesome. Some folks do not like the 190/55 because the bike is SO manueverable that they can not get used to how the bike wants to dive down in corners so they go back to 190/50 which looks like a fatter tire and is slower handling and more predictable in corners if that made any sense if you put a 190/55 next to a 190/50 you would see the difference. that is why most track bikes run a 180/55 on all bikes and are now putting 190/55 on their liters bikes to be able to throw them around faster without losing grip. but i think only dunlop,pirelli,metzler are the only ones making a 190/55 tire.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 06:02 PM

As long as it's a 190 it will fit on the rim.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
I just did this.
My S had Pilot Powers 190/50.
I wanted a more track focused tyre and to be able to get faster handling, so I went with a 190/55.
The Pirelli supercorses are great but a bit soft in track mode.
The Dunlop GP 's seem to be the hot go at the moment with SSTK racers
I went for a set of Metzler Racetech (which is very similar to the Pirelli's) as a racing buddy had a set for me. He is changing to Dunlops so I will get them next.
The difference? I don't commute and don't ride in the rain (unless I have to).
Well you have to lower the ride height by about 8mm ( a five minute job) If you see the two profiles side by side you will see why. I had to pack up my hugger also.
The bike is soooo different. The steering and turning has been sharpened up. I could see why some (people who are more road focused) may not like this, but in track mode it is the go.
Also of note the SSTK guys down here are trialling the new Pirelli's with a 190/60 profile and reckon it is sensational, but only for the track.

MVA Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode