how long is a piece of string- help me out guys - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:42 AM
anothermvfanatic
how long is a piece of string- help me out guys

Hey all
i could really do with some helpful advice here, really unsure as to what to do here. Ive been umming and arggghing here for a few weeks.

I am debating with myself as to what to do with my f4

i currently have it for sale, the bike is perfect in every shape and form, and has only 6000ks on it, so again the bike is perfect. But for the love of god the bike just won't sell, im not even getting calls on it, and its priced at a great price.

apart from that, this is my dilema......
Im starting to think that no-one has an interest in 750s at all here. seeing as they can get the mv 1000. so im wondering if i should just keep it.

what ill do is base my decision on all your help, ill tally it up and go with it. last time i asked every one for advice , i got great help. So im depending on you all to send me on the right path

so here are my thoughts

1. keep mv750, and buy r1 2006 ltd (50th anniversary)for a regular ride
2. keep mv750, and buy the ducati sport classic (love this one in yellow)
3. sell mv (at a lower price) and my alfa 156 and buy a tambo (which again will probably never be used like my current mv)
4. I also really love the duc mh900e but im just hearing to many negative comments on it...any thought on that one

My situation a the moment is i hardly ride at all, id be lucky to get out once a month. The truth of the matter is im also reluctant to put kms on the mv, fearing more kays will make it even harder to sell. (probably very silly of me, as i havnt really got to enjoy it at all in the time ive had it)So if i have a second bike, like the r1 or the duc, i will literally not care at all, and pump as many kms as i want on the second bike ,...and keep the mv for those perfect days.

for anyone of you who may wonder what style of riding i do, i literally cruise around, i never thrash any of my bikes. i like to jst cruise and enjoy.(which probably defeats the purpose of having the mv) but oh well.

so help away, and tell me how long the string is
cheers all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:48 AM
The Dude

Honestly, I think you should ride it and not worry about it.

What is the diff between a used MV with 6000 km vs. 10000 km. ?? i can't imagine it is a whole lot, if anything (assuming it has no bad things happen to it, etc.)

so if you just ride it, why spend money on anything else? believe it or not, you can wash the MV.... it get clean again on days where you might be caught out in the rain or something....

-colin

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 AM
anothermvfanatic
point taken.......
however as stupid as this may sound i think i have aphobia of kms...ha ha, i think i inherited that one off my my mum..stupid i know but with things that are special to me, like the mv...ilike to keep them as new as i can. I bought a new Alfa 156 about seven months ago,ive put 1500kms on it.....I KNOW PATHETIC, YES... IT JUSTS SITS THERE WEEK AFTER WEEK.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:09 AM

MV,

You ride once a month. You like to ride in good conditions, like us all. You have a lovely MV that is more than you need for easy cruising. Just use what you have. Plan on keeping it for years and having it as a vintage MV as you become older. Why buy another bike to also not use, but if you want to... just do it!

Motorcycles and cars are meant to be used; you are not a collector, so use it. Take it to the track a couple of times, blow the cobwebs out and have some fun.

You only live once; live NOW!

Good-luck with YOUR decision.

Peter
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 AM
anothermvfanatic
points all taken cheers
ok so which no. are peoples thoughts. very keen to hear. Some of you may even have the ones im thinking of, r1, sport classic as a second bike
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:22 AM

I just sold my 750 and I'm in the same city...and mine had 25,000 km.
I've seen your bike, you've seen mine...
I'll be honest with you mate...even though you think the price is reasonable, I personally think you may have too high a price on it.
No calls would support that.
I wouldn't buy it for that price you had listed.
Mine had full RG3's, lots of carbon...etc etc, and I sold it for slightly less than what you're asking.

If you only ride once a month...keep it and enjoy it when you can....and if you only cruze around, you definately dont need to upgrade to anything with more performance...

Why don't you save your change over money, and sink it into the MV you already have...and make it you own...that's good fun in itself
Nice set of RG3's....carbon body.....wheels.

Pete

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 AM

Not interested in the MV but maybe your Mito?? j/k
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic
points all taken cheers
ok so which no. are peoples thoughts. very keen to hear. Some of you may even have the ones im thinking of, r1, sport classic as a second bike
If you are really keen on the sports classic, my father in law has his Paul Smart LE for sale, with full single stainless termi, sounds wild...only 2000km on the clock. The underside of the cowl is signed by Paul Smart himself !!!
Im sure I can get you a great price on that bike ..well, I know I can
PM me if you're keen....

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Velocemoto; 05-25-2007 at 08:31 AM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:38 AM
anothermvfanatic
ahhh gold response pete
was waiting for this one from you
but upmost repect at that from you...cheers all great points
i also think ive just got wantanotherbikeitis...
i like the idea of having another road bike though, the mito i have well thats sits in my home office next to all my minichamps bikes. Being the visual person like yourself i guess i appreciate automotive design too much. too many great bike out there.
i dont know, maybe your right, ishould end these thoughts and jst ride it and enjoy it like you did, And man you certainly rode that thing very well, love the vids, they rock.
cheers pete
as ali g would say // respppppect
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 08:40 AM
anothermvfanatic
ahh the mito, i have hear the americanos didnt get it there????? is that right

well yes its a fun bike, very loud, but man on those twisties, this bike will leave you with one hell of a smile

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode