MV Agusta Forum banner

Pro Italia Dealer Sotries, Please post, good or bad...

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  khfx 
#1 ·
THE GOOD:

well i took my bike into pro italia for the full service, i heard really bad stories about their service, but i have to say, they surprised me by going to extra mile to make me happy. i wanted them to install the rg3 eprom chip and then tune the bike, but they were out of stock on the chip. they actually had it overnighted from PA to CALI yesterday, came in today morning, and they are going to have my bike ready today, plus they are not charging me anything to install the chip.

THE BAD:

they do not like any customers that get involved in the progress of their repairs, or that ask too manny questions, or ask the price of everything before they have them do anything. i think they prefer the rich people that just drop off the bike, and never bug them to hury up and never ask oh how much will that cost me, now while i dont blame them for this, it would make anyones life easier to deal with the rich, i think they have to be a little bit more understanding of the regulay JOE who saved up enough money to buy a exotic bike.

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't had service done there but I only have compliments about the staff over there from my experience. Jake & Samson really are great guys to hang out with :)

I'm sorry you had that impression about everything, i'm sure it wasn't meant that way. I don't feel like they ride on high horses at all in terms of wanting to deal with the rich. Hell, you own an MV.. sounds to me like they went out of the way for you. More to the story..? I don't think any service people want to be rushed on the job. If they were working on my bike, i'd hope they take their time!

#3 ·
dont get me wrong, i didnt rush them, at all, i to want them to do it right and take their time, it just feels like it really bugs them when they tell me your bike needs this replaced, and i ask how much is that going to cost, their answer most of the time is oh i dont know untill i do it. or i dont know. it feels like not too many people ask them the prices of things. they just have them do it. but like i said, i am thankful for the favor they did for me, i have no complaints.

#4 ·
Well i guess labor fees is always by the amount of time spent working on the bike. Is that what they are referring to in terms of "I don't know how much it'll cost until i do it"? Typically the labor fee comes after the fact, so it can only be calculated around then. Sure though i agree an estimate on the amount of time could help, but they probably are used to people hounding them if they are wrong on their estimate ;)

#5 ·
im sure they are, but also keeping a customer in the blind about how much a repair is going to cost untill its done is not the best thing either. im sure im not the only one that feels this way.

#6 ·
well, i just got more bad news, it seems like my bike isnt going to be ready today, some problem with the rear swing arm they have to fix, and they dont have the parts in stock, so im waiting to see if they can overnight it in. not their fault though, but sucks non the less. if they cant get it overnighted in, it will take a week more.

#7 ·
Guys, I hate to say this but there are only two reasons for someone not wanting to give you a quote before doing routine service: Either they have never done it before or they want to hose you. Also, at the risk of shattering the stereotype, the reason anybody with money that keeps money in the first place is that (usually) they are good business people. This means they get a quote first regardless. So, to summarize, you are entitled to a quote whether it's routine maintenance on a VW beetle or an Enzo Ferrari. If you don't get one or get excuses, go somewhere else or do it yourself.

#8 · (Edited)
Rob Caso said:
Guys, I hate to say this but there are only two reasons for someone not wanting to give you a quote before doing routine service: Either they have never done it before or they want to hose you. Also, at the risk of shattering the stereotype, the reason anybody with money that keeps money in the first place is that (usually) they are good business people. This means they get a quote first regardless. So, to summarize, you are entitled to a quote whether it's routine maintenance on a VW beetle or an Enzo Ferrari. If you don't get one or get excuses, go somewhere else or do it yourself.
totally agree, but they just called me, and told me my total, and it was a fair price, about what i was expecting to pay. so i cant complain.

oh and if you are wondering, the problems that the bike has that they are covering under the warranty (the reason why i dont have my bike ready today) are the following

rear exentric hub and spacer and the sprocket carrier, all 3 are damaged and/or chewed up as he said it. im just glad its a warranty issue, and that i dont have to pay for it. and hey, i never mind new parts on my bike.

#9 ·
I've always found PI's prices policy to be fair. They've always told me how much service was going to cost ahead of time. Actually, there have even been a few times where they made some adjustments and didn't even write up a ticket and said, "Just give the mechanic a tip for his efforts."

PI's service bay is busy that if it didn't need fixing or wasn't broken, they won't try to get you to fix it. For example, after I dropped my MV, I was bugging Patrice almost every week convinced I had bent a clip on or my alignment was off or something. I basically gave them the opportunity to screw me over several times. This inspected my bike several times and didn't charge me a dime for their time.

Not to mention, when I dropped my bike, I only bought a replacement pannel from them - but Patrick took care of straighting out my brake lever with a heat gun for free.

That being said, the two things I didn't like about PI's service is:
1) They use to be booked for weeks in advance. If you needed a service, they were usually 3 to 4 weeks out. (But they took me in for those adjustment/inspection right when they openned.

Also, I believe this was a problem they were aware off and fixed. The sent a new letter out a few weeks ago saying they've hired additional staff and cut turn around by like 30%.

2) They're expensive but I do believe that I'm getting what I pay for.

#13 ·
mv2envy said:
THE GOOD:

well i took my bike into pro italia for the full service, i heard really bad stories about their service, but i have to say, they surprised me by going to extra mile to make me happy. i wanted them to install the rg3 eprom chip and then tune the bike, but they were out of stock on the chip. they actually had it overnighted from PA to CALI yesterday, came in today morning, and they are going to have my bike ready today, plus they are not charging me anything to install the chip.

THE BAD:

they do not like any customers that get involved in the progress of their repairs, or that ask too manny questions, or ask the price of everything before they have them do anything. i think they prefer the rich people that just drop off the bike, and never bug them to hury up and never ask oh how much will that cost me, now while i dont blame them for this, it would make anyones life easier to deal with the rich, i think they have to be a little bit more understanding of the regulay JOE who saved up enough money to buy a exotic bike.
Although I'm not in California, when I inquired about thier lightly wrecked Brutale, they didn't SEEM to want to give me the time of day. Kinda like since I was intrested in a blemmed bike, I'm not taken seriously cause it's not new. But the funny part was, is that THEY advertised it for sale...so it was just kinda odd that they offered it for sale, but when somebody (me) inquired about it, they didn't take me as serious as when I inquired about a brand new one being shipped to Florida. just kinda erked me a bit....

Otherwise, they've been cool to talk to on the very few opccasions I've talked to them. But I do understand the vibe you're getting from them. Although it may not be intended it does come accross that way...

#14 ·
I have called them a few times for price and availability for parts. Each time they take my number and say they will call me back, they refuse to look while I'm on the phone. NEVER a return call!!! So...thus far...Geoff has gotten all of my MV parts businesss. Guess poor customer service is the reason most of us opt for oversees parts!?!?!? BUt, I also encounter the same for service with my local Denver Colorado dealership...REALLY poor service!!!

#16 ·
mv2envy said:
i do, any inline 4 is a point and shoot bike. lol hey atleast mine doesnt quack and walk funny. hehehe

Never heard of point and shoot bike how do you define them? Whats not point and shoot about twins? I have both so please explain us the difference and educate me? I load my Duc on the trailer in the meantime for weekend trip :)

#19 ·
excellent dealer, only guys to touch my bike. bought it there--great price. great service, don't now about the pricing: have never shopped them.

i am very relationship driven, and so swing by a few times a month just to chat and continue to get to now the guys there... there are always friendly, no matter if i am buying a $20k bike or buying nothing and just shooting the bull about motoGP or trying stuff on (with no intention to buy) or whatever.

when they had the CC in the shop, they let people check it out, take pics, even started it for me to hear.

cool place to hang out, shop, or get your bike serviced...

#21 ·
i might be there tomorrow, Pat said, my bike might actually come out of there tomorrow. please join me in the crossing of our fingers, and please pray tonight that i reunite with my lovly mv tomorrow, i cant sleep without her damn it!!!!! SHE COMPLETES ME!!!! lol

#22 ·
ProItalia is one of the best retail businesses I've ever dealt with. They are relatively expensive, but I do not have a problem paying for a quality experience. Patrick, Jake and Samson are stand up, good guys. Any problem or issue that has ever come up (and there have been problems!) have always been dealt with, in an expeditious and fair minded way. The staff are all fantastic! That Bill guy seems to set a good tone!

I recently was on a job in N. Carolina. I decided to buy a KTM 450EXC. I had NO idea what I should about getting the thing registered. My first call was to ProItalia! Samson took the time to answer all my questions,- Jake was probably asleep....!

I bought 2 of my MV's there including my Senna. I'm hoping to get an early Desmo 16 from them........ I still can't believe it's $500+ for a 600mile service,- however I now think it's money well spent!

Bottom line: PI is a fantastic operation,- expensive but worth it,- occasional probs? Yes......... efforts to resolve them? Great!

Kevin Hannigan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.