Anyone see the AMA Infineon races on Speed last night? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Anyone see the AMA Infineon races on Speed last night?

Won't do too much spoiling here but Matt Lynn on the F312 arrived in 10th place for race one. Speed's coverage focused on Lynn and the bike towards the end of the race and they had some great shots of him passing Yates and in general. One thing I "thought" I noticed, is that they do not run mesh grilling on the bike!

Anyway it was great footage and Lynn made the pass on the power and in anger. The bike looked fantastic. I'd love to see what Mladin would do on it.

Spencer commented they'd actually detuned the motor somewhat to try and get the bike to work better before increasing power again. Interesting stuff!

I believe you can watch the races online at www.speedtv.com. Not sure if there's a fee. Again, it was race one with the good MV footage.

Michel
RSV-R Factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 07:40 PM

Yep, good coverage for MV for sure. But, AMA racing is absolutely the worst on the planet. When was there a race that was hotly contested right up to the finish line? Doesn't happen too often. Both MotoGP (and 250) and WSBK are much more entertaining...and that goes for the announcers too. Something needs to be done with AMA racing. They have an opportunity but are wasting it and probably turning even more Americans off to motorcycle road racing in the process. Cripes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM

Matt Lynn's pass on Yates made me jump up off my couch and yell for him!! There was nothing Yates could do. 50% of me was psyched for Lynn and the MV, the other 50% was psyched Yates got passed......

(not a Yates fan AT ALL)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I definitely agree AMA needs fixing. It's easy to blame Suzuki (and I hate Suzuki) but I think it has more to do with the politics at other manufacturers and their level of commitment. Still, it's great to see the MV racing in our own country and on TV! I scared the crap out of my wife yelling as he passed Yates

Michel
RSV-R Factory
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
It is good to hear that i am not the only one that was up a little late on a Sunday night yelling at my tv as MV flew around infineon!! It is great to see an MV on the first screen of results in 10th!! Go MATT & LUCA!!!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode