New here - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

New here

Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Maarten and I live in Belgium. I do not own a MV at this time, I have a Honda Hornet 600, but soon enough I'll have my MV .
I have one question at this time. In Belgium, most MV riders complain alot about the reliability of the MV F4. Most even got rid of the F4 because it spent more time at the dealer then on the road they say. When I searched around this forum I noticed most of you are really satisfied with the reliability of the F4. Is there a difference between the models sold in Europe and the US? Or are we in Europe just such a bunch of pussies that we start crying for the tiniest thing that goes wrong with our bike?

Grtz, Maarten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
First, Welcome Aboard! You will learn a lot here, I certainly have.

With regard to the F4 in Belgium. Go to: www.1098-forum.com and look for "Pete". His avatar is the back of his neck with a tatoo that says La Vida Loca. He had an F4 and sold it to buy a 1098.
He may be able to give you some input.
He also ends his posts with Greetz. What is greetz?
He may even be a member here.

CAG
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS143
Hello,

I'm new here. My name is Maarten and I live in Belgium. I do not own a MV at this time, I have a Honda Hornet 600, but soon enough I'll have my MV .
I have one question at this time. In Belgium, most MV riders complain alot about the reliability of the MV F4. Most even got rid of the F4 because it spent more time at the dealer then on the road they say. When I searched around this forum I noticed most of you are really satisfied with the reliability of the F4. Is there a difference between the models sold in Europe and the US? Or are we in Europe just such a bunch of pussies that we start crying for the tiniest thing that goes wrong with our bike?

Grtz, Maarten
MV is the same worldwide. There is no such thing as Black pussies or White pussies or even yellow pussies.

I have never in my life heard lots of problem coming from an MV. Its either this is rumours or there is a saying monkey see monkey do.....

False alarm
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Greetz is short for greetings wich is the same as regards I guess.

And I believe I know the Pete you mean. He is also member of the Belgian Hornets because his first bike was a Hornet. I already talked to him about the F4 and he had some serious bad luck with his F4. He had more than $5000 worth of repairs made within the first year, lucky for him within the warranty.

His experience with the F4 is one of the reasons why I asked if there was a difference between Europe and the US.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
welcome maarten
we are very happy to have you here

i hope that the nice folks here and their information will help you in your decision

good luck

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 09:52 AM

Welcome... MV is the greatest

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Here's another question I should ask according to a friend of mine. Are the MV's in the US put at full power or are they limited?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 PM

Welcome Maarten

As far as i know MV's are pretty reliable bikes.

It seems Peet had some minor issues with his MV, but if i remember correctly they were all solved under warranty and were minor things.
The main reason for him to trade his F4 for the 1098S was fuel cosumption

And if you compare the reliability of the F4 and the 1098 (at least the currents ones), then the MV wins hands down
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the welcome,

I feel pretty confident about the F4 after looking around this forum and reading your reactions. Luck is always a factor when you buy a bike.

I love the 312R in Pearl white/Black
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 01:30 PM

Welcome, besides the minor stalling issue ( I haven't had the chance to do the MVblogspot adjustments, so just living with it for now) I love my SPR.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode