Where to buy wellnuts? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Where to buy wellnuts?

I was riding the other day and my right-side vent cover fell off. I think thats what it's called. It's the triangle plastic piece between the tank and fairing. It's held on by two small allen bolts that screw into rubber wellnuts held in place by two holes in teh tank.

I want to replace those wellnuts. Anyone know where to buy them without waiting for weeks for a delvery? It seems like they should be generic enough to just head down to some store or something...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 PM

I just bought some wellnuts yesterday when I went to Pro Italia. It was kind of interesting..... the "MV" wellnuts were 1.60 each but had to be ordered. HOWEVER .... they did happen to have Ducati wellnuts in stock for 2.90 each (they are the same wellnut).

Don't tell anyone I have Ducati wellnuts on my MV, please.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Ryan - please, please tell me that the wellnut is there, and intact. You need to be REALLY careful around that rear wellnut. There is nothing between it and the intake trumpet. If that wellnut were to fall out of place, and go inside the airbox, it could easily fall down into the motor. There have been several engines destroyed because of exactly that happening.

PLEASE! Be super careful and make sure you don't have any bits of wellnut, or even the entire nut itself, inside the airbox!

BTW, the size of the wellnut is for an M4 screw. I don't know what the diameter and lenght are.

Alex
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 05:46 AM

Well nuts

Look on the European ebay site, they sell a pack of 10 well nuts for 10.00! search under MV Agusta parts & accesories.

http://www.ebay.co.uk

(Just looked and there is none listed at the moment but they come up reguarly in different sizes.)

Last edited by Xbenelli; 05-18-2007 at 05:49 AM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 AM

id have to look but i believe i have some somewhere that i wouldnt need
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 08:18 AM

also the wellnuts can by found at home depot or lowes in the hardware section. you would need 4mm wellnts or if the dont carry metric sizes 4-8/32 wellnuts and 4- 8/32 screws. i have replaced mine with 8/32. its takes to long to get that stuff when ordering.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM

For any of you in the Rocky Mtn region. AAA Metric has these and a variety of sizes as well as all types of metric nuts, bolts, etc. 303.832.9000
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 PM

I replaced the panel well nuts after the originals were destroyed removing them. It turns out they are the same size as the windscreen well nuts. I ordered a set of windscreen replacement well nuts from a shop in England.

I think it came with 10-12 and I only needed 4. If you need some let me know and I will mail them off to you
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Alex - Thankfully the wellnuts came out with the cover. I just went outside and made sure that the whole piece was there, including the nut. Thanks for the headsup! Since I was riding when it happened, that could have been really bad if it fell in straight-away on the freeway at 12krpm

Aztec. Thanks for the offer! I'm going to swing by the local hardware stores today to see if I can find some. If not, I'll pm you and take you up on the offer.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I hate those wellnuts. Alex knows how much i hate them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode