1000 Senna, fans, ecu, water pump, and cat delete questions... yea I got a lot - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

1000 Senna, fans, ecu, water pump, and cat delete questions... yea I got a lot

Ok, so I have been reading up and poking around a lot in the past couple months and since I brought home my 07' Senna last weekend. I know that they like to run hot, and since I am in FL in the U.S. I need to get that nipped in the butt since summer is almost here, and we like to be well into the 90's (F) in the summer. I also have a couple other things I want to accomplish at the same time while I am taking the bike apart.

First the cooling aspect:

1) I already ordered the muzzy aluminum fans, they are on the way.

2) MV oem improved impeller and housing vs. the Design Corse race water pump. Will I see a big difference between the two? $$ wise they are a ways apart so want to get input from people who have run both.

3) ECU upgrading for fan turn on point and other goodies. I see that Merc, and some others are providing this. I do not know what ECU I have currently, but see this has made a large improvement in keeping the bike cool, and overall performance. I also plan to do a BMC air filter and a cat delete, so maybe the ECU upgrade will help liven the bike up as well? Who is the best/closest person to me to talk to about this?

Which brings me to my next question:

Who is making, and where can I get a nice mid-pipe/cat delete? I don't want to replace the whole exhaust (actually I do want to, but between the price for a full titanium setup, and trying to keep the bike close to original, I am choosing not to), and have heard this mod really opens things up.

I hope to get all of this going pretty soon. Thanks in advance for all the help

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 AM

New Site Garage
There is quite a difference between the MV upgrade and DC pump, especially when not moving.
It's not the ultimate solution, but goes a long way towards helping.

Adam's tune is not suitable for your ECU, you have the later ECU with no chip to replace. I found the Microtec ECU to be the ultimate solution to all these issue's. If that's out of your budget, speak to Chuck's (silentservice) mate.

Check any of the forum sponsors in the market place, they all sell the Arrow's midpipe you are looking for.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Any riding here locally will just be to bike shows and around town, so a lot of stop and go since there is nothing exciting about riding in FL. It's blazing hot and rainy one half the year, and then all the old near death snow birds come down the other half of the year and try to run you over.

It looks like a Microtec ECU is a little out of my reach price wise right now. Is Chris the guy that sells and tunes them? Looks like he is over in the UK? If that is the only other solution behind changing the fan temp turn on, maybe I should go with a manual fan switch and a power commander?

I'll see if I can get a hold of Chuck (silentservice) to see what he offers.

Ah, yes the Arrow midpipe... I forgot the brand. Thanks!!

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 12:07 PM

New Site Garage
I got the MV corse ECU and for me that worked out fine. Also a little lower on temps but in slow traffic and stand still its very bad. And I don't live in hot country. I am planning to install the DC waterpump and Muzzy fans.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 08:11 PM

I got the arrow mid-pipe cat delete. Top quality and reasonable cost. No cooling work yet, but will do fans, mv improved pump/housing, and Samco hoses. Like you, the BMC filter next, don't think need any ECU work if you do the pump, hoses, fan. I've found responsiveness with just midpipe change better. No flat spots and pulls like a beast....

Last edited by ossaracer; 03-29-2014 at 08:13 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 08:54 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draginknee View Post
Ok, so I have been reading up and poking around a lot in the past couple months and since I brought home my 07' Senna last weekend. I know that they like to run hot, and since I am in FL in the U.S. I need to get that nipped in the butt since summer is almost here, and we like to be well into the 90's (F) in the summer. I also have a couple other things I want to accomplish at the same time while I am taking the bike apart.

First the cooling aspect:

1) I already ordered the muzzy aluminum fans, they are on the way.

2) MV oem improved impeller and housing vs. the Design Corse race water pump. Will I see a big difference between the two? $$ wise they are a ways apart so want to get input from people who have run both.

3) ECU upgrading for fan turn on point and other goodies. I see that Merc, and some others are providing this. I do not know what ECU I have currently, but see this has made a large improvement in keeping the bike cool, and overall performance. I also plan to do a BMC air filter and a cat delete, so maybe the ECU upgrade will help liven the bike up as well? Who is the best/closest person to me to talk to about this?

Which brings me to my next question:

Who is making, and where can I get a nice mid-pipe/cat delete? I don't want to replace the whole exhaust (actually I do want to, but between the price for a full titanium setup, and trying to keep the bike close to original, I am choosing not to), and have heard this mod really opens things up.

I hope to get all of this going pretty soon. Thanks in advance for all the help
I'll ask Daniel tomorrow how he got his 1000 Senna to cool. He tried just about everything but It would overheat to the point of shutting off. I think Noel correctly diagnosed the real problem which, if I remember correctly, was severely retarded timing at idle which was done to make it emissions compliant.

He did manage to score an amazing deal on some titanium slip ons from a handsome and respected forum member and an even more amazing deal from a handsomer and more respecteder forum member in NZ. It was a safety issue, of course.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

That would be great. I would love all the input I can get. I haven't even ridden it very far yet, so I can't attest to how hot it really runs... but I would rather do all of what it needs and what I want now then ride it around and cause damage to the fans or whatever else knowing that there is a pretty standard issue with the F4 and cooling.

I don't think even the PCV did ignition timing... not that there is a PCV for the 09' and older MV's anyway I believe, it would be a PCIII. Can I say for the record: SCREW U.S. EMISSIONS... I mean save the planet and all of that good stuff but come on. At least we have no emissions standards or testing in FL., so you can run whatever you want where I live.

I've been checking out the for sale section here quite a bit... but no mid pipes or anything I am looking to buy right away has come up yet.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
too hot?

Draginknee;

any TIG welder can delete your Cat and weld the pipe back together.....the lump is insulation yes, I did mine

you need your ECU reflashed.....

FBF can do it, make sure they change the fan switch on temp to ~85C/185F

If you have an aftermarket air filter tell them, running stock cans, tell them

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Draginknee;

any TIG welder can delete your Cat and weld the pipe back together.....the lump is insulation yes, I did mine

you need your ECU reflashed.....

FBF can do it, make sure they change the fan switch on temp to ~85C/185F

If you have an aftermarket air filter tell them, running stock cans, tell them

I was talking to a friend about this today... but literally everyone that does fab work (or mechanical/tuning work) in my area, sucks... and I want it to look good/right. So I will probably break down and just buy the midpipe.

Where is FBF at? I am assuming that stands for Fast by Ferracci? That would be great. Even if they aren't close I assume I could just send them the ECU and tell them what I want/have?

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 11:34 PM

New Site Garage
You can buy the mid-pipe from any one of the forum sponsors in the here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35 - here - http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore...?idproduct=242 - etc.
You do get a Power Commander for model which is essentially the same as the 06/07 1000R or the first 312R in the USA.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode