How different is the R312R from the R312RR? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

How different is the R312R from the R312RR?

Does the additional 70cc make a big difference in acceleration, top speed, power delivery?

Is engine displacement the only difference or are there more goodies on the 1078?

Sorry for the questions but is this example a good deal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-AGUSTA-...item233750a3e8

0 miles according to the ad but a bit expensive at $17K isnt it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 02:19 PM

New Site Garage
Well...I would say that it is a good deal. If I would be in your position I would buy it. The ultimate F4.
More power and more torque. Than any other one...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Velocity View Post
Well...I would say that it is a good deal. If I would be in your position I would buy it. The ultimate F4.
More power and more torque. Than any other one...
+1...Fantastic MV!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 05:02 PM

Another biased 1078RR312 owner here. Definitely the best of the first generation F4's; excluding the Tambo & CC of course. $17k seems high if you're buying it to ride. If zero miles is accurate, you can probably plan on replacing every oil seal on the bike before riding it.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 09:06 PM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by K916 View Post
Does the additional 70cc make a big difference in acceleration, top speed, power delivery?

Is engine displacement the only difference or are there more goodies on the 1078?

Depending on where in the world you are, that price is not to bad. Now they are called the F4 312RR because of the 1078 engine as you know already, but they also have mono-block brakes.
Slightly better suspension and fuelling as well as bigger throttle bodies, making for a very powerfull beast, still one of the most powerfull rad bikes I have ever ridden in anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
If zero miles is accurate, you can probably plan on replacing every oil seal on the bike before riding it.
Why ? Surely not.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Why ? Surely not.
Dry rot. Seals can dry out and crack when not kept moist by oil circulating around them; went through that with multiple seals on mine. Of course, I'm making an assumption the an '09 bike with zero miles has not been started and run in five years.

Then again, I could be wrong. I'm interested in hearing from those more mechanically inclined than me (which shouldn't be uncommon).

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:09 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
Dry rot. Seals can dry out and crack when not kept moist by oil circulating around them; went through that with multiple seals on mine. Of course, I'm making an assumption the an '09 bike with zero miles has not been started and run in five years.

Then again, I could be wrong. I'm interested in hearing from those more mechanically inclined than me (which shouldn't be uncommon).
Oh you're probably right in some aspects, just a bit extreme in saying all seals will have to be replaced. It also depends heavily on what kind of climate the bike was kept in etc.
Many a bike on the forum have come out of storage with nothing but fuel line replacements as well as tyre and other minor fluid changes.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by K916 View Post

I think the price is good seeing I paid $32,000.00 for my 1078 in 2010,same colour as mine too.You will be very happy with the bike,they are a monster.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Sweet looking bike. I like it a lot. I have always tried to dig up research on what the rwhp was on that puppy

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Oh you're probably right in some aspects, just a bit extreme in saying all seals will have to be replaced. It also depends heavily on what kind of climate the bike was kept in etc.
Many a bike on the forum have come out of storage with nothing but fuel line replacements as well as tyre and other minor fluid changes.
True and true; saying "every oil seal" was a bit of an overstatement. And right again, climate does make a big difference. With mine, multiple years of storage in a hot Florida garage must have taken its toll on many of the seals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode