MV Agusta Forum banner

Upper Aluminum fan blade done (pics)

5K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  spacechumper 
#1 ·
Heres the upper finally . Now hopefully this ends fan issue .

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
<~~~~ lower fan tester

So far....the lower fan has impressed me an awful lot. As my bike hits 205-207 the fans come on.....then the temp rises to about 210 and holds..... I sat at a stop light for atleast 5 mins and the temp wouldn't rise above 210* :yo: the air temp was about 80*...this summer will be the real test when temps hit 90*+...... we'll see how it holds up... I am very happy and think that the higher temps shouldn't bother these new fans.
Jimmy.... you've outdone yourself with these....
were they already coated witha a clearcoat of some sort? They seem to have something on them already so I didn't feel it was needed to hot dip them.

#12 · (Edited)
Here are picsof fans on my bike. Note the last pic. It shows how I modified a wire holder and routed the wire different to clear header. Its the same holder MV uses on bottom wire. I had to drill a hole in fan shroud and bolt it up.Works great and won't melt. Unlike the plastic zip tie that origanally came with bike. After a few minutes of running it melts off. This will hold up to the heat.

Attachments

#14 ·
AF Agusta said:
You said it holds the temp at stoplights...what are you running for coolant? Are you using Ice/Water Wetter in addition to the new fans or just standard coolant?
Good luck with that!
i am fine on highways (even toll booths), but come into city traffic and it is a wrap! :jsm:
I am thinking of going to a lighter oil (which i know means more oil changes, but thats ok :) ), in hopes of reducing temp.
wish me luck, 10-60w here i come!!! :f4:

#15 ·
motul super cool factory.... I dont know the exact name, but thats what i use, and it holds temps at stops,.... even through 3 red lights (10 mins)....

AF Agusta said:
You said it holds the temp at stoplights...what are you running for coolant? Are you using Ice/Water Wetter in addition to the new fans or just standard coolant?

#16 ·
Did those that installed the upper fan use any special tool to reach the inner bolt for the upper fan. i am talking about the one that is closest to the center of the bike. it is a long reach and i am looking for a little help. thanks in advance. :D

#17 ·
i had to take the bolt out of the lower radiator and and upper radiator..... then move them off of the peg on the other side so they would kinda fall out and loose..... then shimmied my hand in there to get to that *%@$ bolt......took a bit but wasn't too hard now that i think about it. Just be careful when loosening the lower radiator bolt as it could damage the fins on the radiator ( I used a flat head to lever the two so when I turned the bolt, it wouldn't smash the fins)

#19 ·
you guys both said exactly what i ended up doing last night at about midnight trying to get them in so i could ride it to work today. These things are great, they move a lot of air. i was talking with Jim and MV should have had these on the bikes from the factory! :cussing:

JimmyZ got these things to me quick and the fit was perfect, a very easy transaction, JimmyZ is the man for hot MV's! :yo:

#21 ·
I feel the same way....thanks jimmy...... the fans perform flawlessly...... good times ahead :friday:

Greeneggs&ham said:
you guys both said exactly what i ended up doing last night at about midnight trying to get them in so i could ride it to work today. These things are great, they move a lot of air. i was talking with Jim and MV should have had these on the bikes from the factory! :cussing:

JimmyZ got these things to me quick and the fit was perfect, a very easy transaction, JimmyZ is the man for hot MV's! :yo:

#23 ·
my bike hits 210 and levels out to 212 - 214...and hasn't gone over!!!! even with it just sitting in my drvieway doing heated torture tests..... the fans blow lots of air out of the fairing vents and it's easy to tell that they are working way better than the stock units.....

BTW any left? A friend wants some...upper/lower... :stickpoke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.