email to MCN about lack of coverage for MV Win at Oulton - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

email to MCN about lack of coverage for MV Win at Oulton

Well i've just sent this to MCN .. Dunno if all u agree , but maybe you should all send somthing .. coz i'm pissed of...

"How can such a paper like MCN miss the oppurtunity of publishing a story that for the 1st time in 30 years an MV Agusta won a National Race/Event on British soil, after last weeks spread of Fogarty's involvment in WSBK with MV Agusta......

Even if this class is ONLY a National Event like Superstock, and especially with all the talk of the BSB boys possibly going to Superstock spec engines etc..

How can the guys at national level ever get noticed/sponsored , when the major motorcyle publication in this country cant be bothered..

You really have missed the boat this time.. shame on you...."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Spud; 05-09-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 AM

Does seem odd that they would miss that, doesn't it?

I want TV coverage! I can't find anywhere to watch BSB Superstock races, unless someone can direct me to it.

'01 F4S
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Does seem odd that they would miss that, doesn't it?
Not if you consider that all the major Japanese manufacturers spend a fortune with them for advertising...

Si
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 AM

New Site Garage
if that's the case, maybe the japanese companies paid the magazine not to write about it.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna
2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:37 AM

They did have the 'Masterclass' test though, and EVEN in that they somehow managed to knock the MV even though it won

I really do beleive MCN are a bunch of they went on and on about the Triumph 625? or whatever POS, that'll be the Triumph that has been running out of oil in between services due to excessive oil consumption then, no mention of that though

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM

Maybe it's just plain politics. It's entirely possible that MV have done something to rub MCN the wrong way I suppose. I know for a fact that this kind of thing happens in magazines.

But then again, MCN isn't that great to start with. I'm not really highly impressed with any of the british, or american for that matter, large distribution mags. But I will read every word Niall Mackenzie writes in Bike if I actually buy the magazine.

'01 F4S
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 PM

I seems that Michael Neeves is carrying out a personal vendetta against the F4 312 R.

Can you believe that:

"ALL OF THE RIDERS AGREED THAT THE MV WOULD BE THE ONE THEY WOULDN'T WANT BECAUSE IT'S SO HARD TO RIDE"????

Why then were the majority of the testers quicker on the MV than any other bike????

Surely, if it was as extreme as he suggests, only the most capable of the testers would be able to extract the best from it......Obviously that was not the case.

Oh, did you notice that he wasn't in the fastest 6 in the final test???!!!

Complete contradiction.

Top Cat
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Thumbs down MCN are W*****S

You are quite right about MCN being , I remember long ago when they done a road test on the Suzuki TL1000s and said that it was the best twin they had ever ridden (Back then!), they raved about it so I bought one and could not have agreed more.
Anyway a few months later some prat crashes one whilst showing off (wheelying), he gets a shake of the bars and gets killed. Now I know this as fact as my friend is a doctor was called to the said incident and was part of the investigating team.

The next thing MCN reports is that the bike is DANGEROUS and desprately requires a steering damper! I had mine for 3 years without a damper and whilst she did protest when accelerating hard and generally abusing her I did not think there was any cause for this scare mongering. This killed the sale of the TL, the power of the media eh!

Anyway don't always believe what this tabloid writes, they are definately bias to those who give them the most freebies. (Think about it, MV do not lend them bikes on long term tests like the Jap marques as they abuse them so much. At a track weekend Benelli had three bikes written off by journos!) Also look at the content of the rag, 80% bloody adverts!!!

Can you tell I don't like em!

Lloyd
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbenelli
You are quite right about MCN being
I won't even visit their website anymore. It's the biggest POS operation in the entire industry. If anybody sends them an email, take out a subscription for me and cancel it immediately.

Harley-Davidson: Seen one, heard 'em all...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat
I seems that Michael Neeves is carrying out a personal vendetta against the F4 312 R.

Can you believe that:

"ALL OF THE RIDERS AGREED THAT THE MV WOULD BE THE ONE THEY WOULDN'T WANT BECAUSE IT'S SO HARD TO RIDE"????

Why then were the majority of the testers quicker on the MV than any other bike????

Surely, if it was as extreme as he suggests, only the most capable of the testers would be able to extract the best from it......Obviously that was not the case.

Oh, did you notice that he wasn't in the fastest 6 in the final test???!!!

Complete contradiction.

Top Cat
I have to agree...there is underlying hostility in his criticisms of the MV.

My guess is this goes beyond advertising and that Archul may be right in that MV may have pissed him off somehow....bet it wasn't hard to do, judging by the way he carries on....a complete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode