Workshop manual - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Workshop manual

Hi guys & girls

Have any of you got a workshop manual for my beloved F4R on pdf/adobe etc. I had one for my Benelli and found it very useful for general maintenance and would like to keep my new baby in fine fettle.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 08:23 AM

New Site Garage
+1 that would be helpful. i need one too!

also, does anyone have an extra owners manual that they wouldn't mind letting go?

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
2008 MV F4 312R -- Luna (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 MV Turismo Veloce 800 -- Sol (SOLD)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Established Member

Also need ther manual now, as i have to adjust the chain. It would be great if someone who has the manual on pdf could pm me.

Regards

Johnni

"This journal is no advocate of furious driving, but there are times when rapid travelling is justifiable, necessary, and enjoyable."
Motorcycle magazine June 5, 1907
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie
Also need their manual now, as i have to adjust the chain. It would be great if someone who has the manual on pdf could pm me.

Regards

Johnni
Using the allen key nub thingie in your toolkit, loosen the two big rear-facing nuts on the rear wheel hub clamp. Use the weird hook-looking thing in your toolkit to spin the rear wheel eccentric hub bearing to adjust chain slack. Retighten clamp bolts. Factory spec torque is something really low like 30 Nm or something. DO NOT CRANK 'EM DOWN!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 10:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
the spec for the pinch bolts is 28-30 Nm.

follow that one VERY closely. if you tighten down the pinch bolts too much, you can destroy the rear hub by putting too much pressure on the bearings. there are several documented failures from over-doing it on the pinch bolts.

btw, if you have new-ish bikes, there should be a nice yellow paint mark on the bolts. that mark is put on at the factory to let the QC people know that those bolts have been properly tightened. the cool thing is if that mark is still there, you can use it as a torque indicator. just retighten the bolt and lign the mark back up. make sure you keep track of how many times you rotate it...

alex
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Established Member

OK...i will give it a go
Thanks!

Johnnie

"This journal is no advocate of furious driving, but there are times when rapid travelling is justifiable, necessary, and enjoyable."
Motorcycle magazine June 5, 1907
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

For those of you who might not know!

Re adjusting the chain, don't forget to measure you ride height BEFORE adjusting your chain because during the adjustment you will affect this. Once the chain is adjusted adjust the ride height back to the pre chain adjustment setting.

To check you ride height, measure a fixed point on the swinging arm (say the hub nut or even the top of the paddock stand) to another fixed point on the subframe (I use the rivet on the silencer) and make a note of this measurement. Adjust the chain then remeasure from these points again, the measurement will be different. To adjust the ride height loosen the two allen pinch bolts on the ride height adjuster and adjust the ride height to the correct measurement via the nut in between the pinch bolts. Once the correct measurment is achieved retighten the pinchbolts and remeasure. If all ok job done.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode