1000R/Senna owners: Full Ti Exhaust problems? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

1000R/Senna owners: Full Ti Exhaust problems?

So the consensus seems to be that that MV Corse full Ti exhaust is the way to go. It is no surprise to most that this is actually just the Moto Corse full Ti exhaust but with different tags on the tips, and about a 2:1 price ratio.

I went ahead and had my dealer order the Moto Corse full Ti system with open silencers. They arrived, were installed, and I had John (AirFuel, who conveniently co-locates with the dealer) cook me up a FI map for the PCIII with GREAT results - a +12hp gain at the wheel.

The bike heads back over to the dealer (literally 100 feet) to get buttoned up and ready to be returned... then I get the phone call.
Apparently the headers "don't fit" the body work. These pipes are hand-made as I understand it, so maybe this is not all that uncommon?

My dealer calls Moto Point (in PA, the US importer of Moto Corse apparently?) and they send a rep up to check out the bike (my Senna). I don't know what the rep was hoping to find (botched install?) but when he got there apparently all he did is scratch his head and take some pictures.

The headers (as well as the rest of the exhaust) have been taken off and sent back. At least this means I get my bike back and can enjoy it while the situation gets sorted - but I have no ETA as to if/how/when that will come to be. I am also completely baffled because it seems that a lot of people on here talk of this system, so surely some of you have it in place?

So who of you out there who have a 1000R or Senna have successfully installed a full (headers on back), titanium (the steel version is made by Arrow) exhaust system on their bikes? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer
So the consensus seems to be that that MV Corse full Ti exhaust is the way to go. It is no surprise to most that this is actually just the Moto Corse full Ti exhaust but with different tags on the tips, and about a 2:1 price ratio.

I went ahead and had my dealer order the Moto Corse full Ti system with open silencers. They arrived, were installed, and I had John (AirFuel, who conveniently co-locates with the dealer) cook me up a FI map for the PCIII with GREAT results - a +12hp gain at the wheel.

The bike heads back over to the dealer (literally 100 feet) to get buttoned up and ready to be returned... then I get the phone call.
Apparently the headers "don't fit" the body work. These pipes are hand-made as I understand it, so maybe this is not all that uncommon?

My dealer calls Moto Point (in PA, the US importer of Moto Corse apparently?) and they send a rep up to check out the bike (my Senna). I don't know what the rep was hoping to find (botched install?) but when he got there apparently all he did is scratch his head and take some pictures.

The headers (as well as the rest of the exhaust) have been taken off and sent back. At least this means I get my bike back and can enjoy it while the situation gets sorted - but I have no ETA as to if/how/when that will come to be. I am also completely baffled because it seems that a lot of people on here talk of this system, so surely some of you have it in place?

So who of you out there who have a 1000R or Senna have successfully installed a full (headers on back), titanium (the steel version is made by Arrow) exhaust system on their bikes? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Is this the reason the lower side fairing on the F4CC (unlike all other F4 1000's) is open at the point of potential contact with the header pipe?

Last edited by lewolfmd; 05-08-2007 at 08:26 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 08:21 AM

We would like to offer some help as we have sold the Ti manifold with no problems what-so-ever.

Were they able to take any photos?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 AM

One further note: although ti silencers and midpipe (manufactured by MotoCorse) are offered for the F4 1000 by MV Agusta Corse Special Parts, the ti manifold is not.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewolfmd
One further note: although ti silencers and midpipe (manufactured by MotoCorse) are offered for the F4 1000 by MV Agusta Corse Special Parts, the ti manifold is not.
Is that right? You can only get the ti manifold for the 750? I heard something to this effect from the dealer, but it was second-hand conjecture and they stated it was obvious that Moto Point didn't have any idea what they were talking about.

Emoto: Have you successfully installed a Moto Corse Ti Manifold on a 1000R or 1000 Senna ? If the answer is yes, what is different about your pipes? Did you have to bend or contort anything to make them fit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewolfmd
Is this the reason the lower side fairing on the F4CC (unlike all other F4 1000's) is open at the point of potential contact with the header pipe?
This is another excellent observation. So what gives? 1000R/Senna owers, file in... Have ANY of you managed to pull off installing the ti full system?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
FSL

Ti exhaust and Ti mid pipe here. Never needed redline power increase for the street. Never heard of this issue before motopoint should be able to figure it out good luck.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacer
Is that right? You can only get the ti manifold for the 750? I heard something to this effect from the dealer, but it was second-hand conjecture and they stated it was obvious that Moto Point didn't have any idea what they were talking about.

Emoto: Have you successfully installed a Moto Corse Ti Manifold on a 1000R or 1000 Senna ? If the answer is yes, what is different about your pipes? Did you have to bend or contort anything to make them fit?

This is another excellent observation. So what gives? 1000R/Senna owers, file in... Have ANY of you managed to pull off installing the ti full system?

Hi,

Yes we have sold manifolds to both a 1000R and a Senna owner and both didn't report any problems...

Nothing has to be bent or modified they are a direct fit we checked with Moto Corse.

Regarding MV Corse, they used to supply the full Ti manifold up to a few months ago, will need to check why they stopped.

Keep us posted.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
Yes we have sold manifolds to both a 1000R and a Senna owner and both didn't report any problems...
Do you have any way to follow up with any of your customers that you may be close with to see if they had to do any cutting to get the job done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
Regarding MV Corse, they used to supply the full Ti manifold up to a few months ago, will need to check why they stopped.
I'd be very interesting in hearing what MV Corse has to say on the subject, and would imagine that given your volume of their products that you must have a decent relationship with them. Can you reach out to them and post your findings back here? I'm sure a whole slew of us would love to know what the story is...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 AM

So as a followup to this thread....what happened? Problem solved or not? Cause I am looking real hard at a Senna meself!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

It is still an open issue for me, and Motopoint (the Moto Corse importer to the US, based in PA) still has no idea what is going on. I am very curious to see how much luck Hellcat has with his setup: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...4&page=1&pp=10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode