r312 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

r312

so i have a few more questions about the f4 1000 line up. i have put my money down bought my plane tickets to go and see the bike i plan on purchasing and sign papers and fly home to Alaska and wait for the bike to ship. With all that said I usually go out of my way to read reviews manufacturers writeups and chat with other owners before even putting my money down. well with this bike it has been something i always wanted and i just decided to do it. so now i am reading up on things and getting maybe biased opinions. so my questions are to make me feel better about my major purchase is just how uncomfortable is this bike to ride? how difficult is this bike to ride on the street? i have a full race 02 R1 that i will be racing with and just commuting and weekends ride will belong to the MV so anyone who has/had one your comments are welcomed. i have ridden with a 2 guys who owned 750 and i heard it was a torture rack but i never asked if i could sit on it so i am basically buying into a machine i have only seen on pics. oh by the way i get ansy right before the deal is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Hi I have a F4 1000S. I use an R1 race bike on the track in some select races.

The MV I find a wonderfull road bike. I live close top the mountains and only use on weekends with no commuting so to me the riding postion is great. 19 months on and I still can't wait to go for a ride.
So much so I have brought track fairings and started to take it to ride days. I can't be bothered riding the R1 and sold my CBR1000RR track bike.
I love the whole MV thing.
I think you will be rapt
enjoy

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM

I think that depends on your riding style. Most complaints I've heard were about aches in the wrists and hands. If you ride around with most of your weight on your wrists, then the MV will be more unfortable. There are bar risers that can help if it does become an issue.

Also, the 750 MV had lower handle bars than the MV. So, the 312 should be more comfortable than a 750. The closes riding position would be the 748/996/996 bikes so if you can find one of them, it will give you an idea of the 312.I suppose, if you didn't want to be leaned over as much, you could increase the preload or raise the front a little but at the expense of handling. With the MV, I noticed little changes (a click here and there) have a bigger effect than other bikes.

Personally, I don't find the MV really comfortable but had a '02 and '04 R1 that I considered couches. I personally like the racey position because it part of the reason the MV has so much feed back and ability.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 08:22 PM

New Site Garage
Which bike are you getting the S, R, or 312? I have a R and also a 03 R1. I think the MV feels more comfortable than the R1. The seat on the R1 slants forward and is always pushing you into the tank. It takes a lot of effort to keep away from the tank. On the MV the seat keeps you planted further back. Me being 5'10" and 170lbs with long arms. The MV fits me better.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys for the input i have my money down on a 312. i know what you mean on the R1 pushing you into the tank. like i said started reading up on the reviews and it was giving the negative effect of a super stiff ride on the street. and something about a fueling issue which i did not understand if they were meaning bad fuel mileage which i do not care about or bad fueling map at lower speed/rpm. this was in the motorcycle usa write up so if anyone knows what that means let me know the article came directly from MSN the british mag i believe so the lingo might be what is throwing me off.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Established Member

Pay no attention to MCN. They don't even know how to spell integrity.

Michel
RSV-R Factory
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 04:49 PM

MCN is to motorcycle rags what the daily mirror and sun is to newspapers. Pieces of trash that one glosses over to remain entertained without learning anything useful
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Established Member

Hi Wa2fst... I'm the guy who "stole" your bike... but I heard the black and white is due in any time now (someone told me it's a rare bike). I'm 6', 185 and after a few days of riding the bike just keeps getting better and better. I just put a little over 300 miles on it and I can't wait to open it up.

The bike is stupid fast... I have had zero problems with it, the guys over in bellevue know there shit and you won't see a million other guys running aound with one.

I guess in 08 they have worked out the "bugs"... (knock on wood).....

Cheers,

Wesley

ps. Drop me a note when you pick it up.. we'll go for a ride and get some pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode