body kit for F4 SPR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

body kit for F4 SPR

i'm taking my SPR baby to the track next month. i think i need to take her to her birth place after all. but plastics...do u guys recommend any brand/dealer to get the fairing stuff? i'd put my factory fairings back so the kit w/ minimal mod will be the best. thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
I got mine from Casoli (Italy)
I also brought a seat pad, and seat brackets, and the two front fairing stays.
That way I just unclip the seat (two clips) and two allen bolts for the fairing, and pop the track gear on. You have to unclip the front light lens (4 clips).Takes about 15 minutes and she is good to go.
Off for a track day this weekend myself.
Enjoy.

MVA Sydney
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Similary story: got my plastics from www.*********.com. Takes some work to set them up the first time, but it's pretty easy to get the bike prepped for track. Got the closed nose and closed tail.

Like MVASyd, I got the seat pad and brackets to make for a quick swap. In addition to the headlight, you'll need to unclip the brake light cable under the seat. You'll also want to unplug tail lights and remove the license plate holder entirely. Somewhere, I have a whole list of to-do's if you want it. Just PM me. It's pretty simple.

Make sure you visit your MV dealer on a patient day. To make the swap simple, you'll want to install a windscreen you your new nose (you'll need the hardware), you'll want the seat to be easy to pop on (you'll need the hardware), etc.

The hardest part was getting the tail to mount properly in the receiving clip near the tail. The initial setup is the trick - trouble is, many of the aftermarket plastics makers don't include the underseat mount that allows you to attach a post that goes into the subframe mount. So, you have to rig up some other solution. I'll send you some pictures if you run into this.

It's definitely worth the trouble, though. Enjoy!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Thanks I forgot to mention you will need a screen.
My fibreglass had all holes drilled (you need a set of female dzeus clips) and seat mounting brakets with nuts in the glass for the seat, pad and clips. so it was real easy.
Mine also are the closed front and rear so no light holes. Looks great. I am heading out to the shed now to convert her for track day Saturday.

MVA Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode