New member - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Hello All,

I have been checking out this site since I purchased my F4 from a dealer in Colorado in 2005. I have checked out all the help given to other members and was impressed. After moving to Germany last year, I’ve decided to get off of the sidelines and join. My lady was not running right (at all) when I was finally able to ride her last July. She had a melt down on my first “real” ride with the guys (in Germany). The other six guys are looking at my lady and saying, “at least he looks good”. I was upset, but damn she looked really good and rides even better (when she is running) . So I had it towed home, and now I was on the search for a mechanic (who speaks English). My German is horrible. So I checked out the site to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I was relieved and yet disappointed other members were having similar problems. So, I joined that day and read that DDNUTS was experiencing the same issues. Coincidentally, I had met DDNUTS in ‘05 at Laguna, on his AGO. I followed his post and was relieved when they figured out what was wrong with his lady. I found a mechanic (www.motorrad-kaufmann.de), who spoke English, and I dropped off the bike. I told him I needed the bike back for a track day at Spa Francorchamps in three weeks. Well, guess what? I took my wife’s SV 650 S to the track that day. My mechanic did everything in the book (and more) to get me back on the road. He was also in contact with Italy trying to find a solution. I was disappointed to say the least, but there was a dealer show up in Cologne and he was taking the bike with him. A few mechanics from the factory were going to be there and would sort out the bike. Well they did… after installing a few new parts and some tuning, she was finally running right. My mechanic didn’t want to return the bike until she was perfect. The worst part… since I’ve owned the bike it has never run correctly. I am finally riding the F4 1000 I read about in magazines. The best part it was ALL covered under warranty. I have also purchased a set of rims from another member for my track days this year. I am signed up for three track days this summer so far (Spa Francorchamps, Brno and Sachsen Ring). I can’t wait to get out and ride. Thank you for a great site where I can talk to addicts just like me.

Hello my name is “TYMV6K” and I am an addict.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:51 PM

Welcome, we all suffer (or enjoy) the same addiction. Your bike is spectacular, and It(She) seems to have a great owner who will take care of her.

My name is d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b, and I too am an addict

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
ASM

Just out of curiosity...what actually was wrong with your bike?

Ciao, Andreas
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

The bike had a few problems. First the shop in Colorado had the ECU out of adjustment. I think this was due to being at an altitude over 6K feet. When I got the bike it would die when I pulled in the clutch during downshifting. The last problem I had was it would not run above 5K RPM and smoke was coming out the exhaust. The ECU had to be reset, new EPROM, new Anti-hoping controller, new spark plugs, and upgraded software for ECU. I think that was it. Now it is all GOOD
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 AM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYMV6k
The bike had a few problems. First the shop in Colorado had the ECU out of adjustment. I think this was due to being at an altitude over 6K feet. When I got the bike it would die when I pulled in the clutch during downshifting. The last problem I had was it would not run above 5K RPM and smoke was coming out the exhaust. The ECU had to be reset, new EPROM, new Anti-hoping controller, new spark plugs, and upgraded software for ECU. I think that was it. Now it is all GOOD
Wow....that's kind of a list....glad everything turned out to be good...

Ciao, Andreas
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:16 AM

Welcome to the forum, good to see it played a part in getting the problems solved. The MV just gets better the more you ride so start making up for lost time and let us keep us updated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode