MV Agusta Forum banner

312R/Tam 292

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b 
#1 · (Edited)
I love the F4. It is MY machine. I am NOT Ducastis. I love an in-line 4. I love GREAT weather GREAT roads and free time.

The 312R is a GREAT brute racing machine. Those who are in the market with the necessary $$$ should buy one!!!!!!!!!!

The 312R I am currently breaking in is running GREAT, NOT one issue of concern. It ran cool all day and handled as expected. This machine will review great and has as much two wheel muscle as ANY mortal man needs.

I can't wait to return it, as I still WANT to be on #292, MY MV.

Some pics:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well Pete as you know I rode the bike today also and it's a BEAR of power, waaay too much for the street IMHO, reminded me of driving a Ferrari down Broad St.-all this power and nowhere to use it. Rumble like in the low end, but starts to purr around 95mph. A great over the top machine.
Great roads today- glad our outcome was good ;-)
Marc

#6 ·
great thread
glad you had fun
the tamburini is much better looking
but.....
the black white 312 is much better looking than the one YOU rode..... though NOT as nice as your tamburini, either, of course

one thing
you all are talking about how the 312 has too much power for the street..... it has "BEAR" power

honestly.....
it really isn't THAT much more powerful than what you already have
so.....
how on earth, ON THE STREET, did you eve notice the difference, if i might be so bold as to ask

of course... the brakes on the 312 ARE FAR SUPERIOR to those on your Tamburini....
so, i imagine you liked THOSE better.... right?

#7 ·
Greg,

To tell you the truth..HONEST assessment:

The Nissens on the Tam with EBC racing pads perform and feel little different than the Brembos on the current MV's. I have been real happy both on the track and street. Quick decel/braking from 140mph at mid-ohio to necessary stoppie because of unannounced teen turn leaves me quite HAPPY & without complaints.

I REALLY like the feel of my brakes :yo: .

Peter

#9 · (Edited)
MV-999R

312 is a loaner to break-in for Cagiva USA. They like to get 1st service completed prior to sending machines to the magazines for review. That way they know machine sent is running without issues. I've done a few for them over the last few years and haven't let them send anything but a fine running MV.

And for what it's worth, I have yet to see anything but a well running MV out of the box.

Peter

#11 ·
Reopropf said:
Greg,

To tell you the truth..HONEST assessment:

The Nissens on the Tam with EBC racing pads perform and feel little different than the Brembos on the current MV's. I have been real happy both on the track and street. Quick decel/braking from 140mph at mid-ohio to necessary stoppie because of unannounced teen turn leaves me quite HAPPY & without complaints.

I REALLY like the feel of my brakes :yo: .

Peter
sounds great to me
those EBC racing pads make all the difference of course

one thing is for sure
there is NO MORE BEAUTIFUL BIKE EVER MADE..... than your Tamburini

#13 ·
Spalding, from what I am hearing the 312 has wider fatter power curve than the S or R. If you read the test posted you will see that the tester is quite amazed by it, especially since it still conforms to Euro 3 emissions.
So yes it has more top end but it has better power everywhere. Hence the road testers saying it feels stronger etc.
This is in stark contrast to what is happening with other manufactures trying to conform to Euro 3.

#16 ·
spalding12 said:
the black white 312 is much better looking than the one YOU rode
Did you get any news on when your dealer will be getting one? Mine told me end of May, or during Summer, If I were in the market for a 312R, and I desired the White/ Black, I probably couldn't contain myself and I'd get one from Europe shipped over :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: .

#17 ·
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Did you get any news on when your dealer will be getting one? Mine told me end of May, or during Summer, If I were in the market for a 312R, and I desired the White/ Black, I probably couldn't contain myself and I'd get one from Europe shipped over :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: .
actually.....
and i'm not happy about this

my dealer will not order one:
1. until he sells his stock of F4 bikes
2. unless it is ORDERED DIRECTLY by a customer

he HAS sold 3, F4 bikes in the past 10 days, however

#18 ·
wow! great write up.

Reopropf said:
I love the F4. It is MY machine. I am NOT Ducastis. I love an in-line 4. I love GREAT weather GREAT roads and free time.

The 312R is a GREAT brute racing machine. Those who are in the market with the necessary $$$ should buy one!!!!!!!!!!

The 312R I am currently breaking in is running GREAT, NOT one issue of concern. It ran cool all day and handled as expected. This machine will review great and has as much two wheel muscle as ANY mortal man needs.

I can't wait to return it, as I still WANT to be on #292, MY MV.

Some pics:

#19 ·
Thank you, Reopropf, for finally putting pants on when you filmed your bike. We were all getting tired of that horrid reflection.

#20 ·
Pete-Don't get me wrong-the bike is a killer, I prefer your Tam to this bike-more linear power band and dialed in perfectly. I know the 312 I rode was straight out-of-the-box with no adjustments-great brakes.
BTW-I'd love to go with you and Thomas to the track-it will be as much fun passing you on the track as it is on the street-HA!!
Marc

#21 ·
This is brilliant! Marc is 14 posts in, and already passing Reopropf. Just goes to show how a little commitment and a little effort yield big results.

#23 ·
Thanks John for the defense but I can handle this :eek:nthecan: .

Consider the sources, :jerkoff: 's both of them. They love to :blah: :blah: :blah: .

Thomas is a fine rider and so is Marc, both technically sound.

I am admitedly slower and though on a faster machine have phyical issues that limit my cornering skills. A cervical 6-7 disc with impingment limits my positioning real low and turning of my neck to see thru the corners. Also, my right hand gets numb in a few laps and I usually need to let up a bit to relieve the neck pressure. It's usually here where Thomas passes me. Marc, on the other hand, has yet to do a track day and ought to keep his :cry: shut.

I do what a motorcyclist ought to be doing NO matter what he rides and that is: RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE and LIVE TO RIDE another day.

So I can live with a bit of smearing :shitfan: knowing that #292 RULES and it's MINE!

So there Thomas and Marc, :cross: ; :flickoff: you both.

By the way John, Thomas and I are signed up w/STT for Mid-ohio 7/2-3 intermediate group and invite you & anyone to the fun.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.