picked up the bike today - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

picked up the bike today

So far so OK. road it a bit and noticed coolant from the overflow. with all the posts on running hot, it has me wondering.

just going over the users manual, checking suspension settings, etc

first impression -coming off of '04 Mille (sold) and '00 996 (keeper), is that the steering is heavier, power is smooth but does not have the lunge off the corners like a v-twin. still scrubbing in the tires so i didn't toss it in the corners like I normally would. overall suspension and stability feel good.

it is a left over '06 so it has the nissin brakes - very weak out of the box, but are getting broken in.

was reading new RR world and saw that the MV did not fair so good even though it set the fastest lap. for that matter they did not like the 1098 (that was the direction I was heading before taking up interest in MV).

my wife got clued in to me getting another bike (also have an '05 HD Road King Classic) when I asked her to drop me off at the bike shop. good thing she is cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Enjoy the new bike

t color did you get. I am always amazed by the ride on this bike. They say there are no words to discribe a Harley what do you say about The MV?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM

Congrats on the bike, the more you ride the more you will love it.

The coolant overflow is a common problam with dealers overfilling the radiator. If it's filled any higher than the min level you will get overflow...most dealers should know this by now.

The brakes....you're on the right track, give them a chance and if you eventually are still unhappy a change of pads should do the trick...do some searches theres some good threads on the subject.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

comparing a harley to an MV (or most any decent sport bike) is kinda like comparing a nun to a stripper - yeah they are both women, but it ends there.

color is red/silver
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:20 PM

Good to see you got the right color I was afraid you might have gone with the black one being a harley man
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

that is my first harley. I have had sport bikes and wanted to try a HD. The RKC is nostalgic with spoke wheels and fat front tire.

when i go the hd, everybody that knows me went huhh? not sure if it is a long term affair.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Established Member

Congrats on the MV.....Enjoy !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode