what to expect - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

what to expect

So I have called a few different MV dealers about what they have in stock as far as the R312 and the R and they all seem to have a couple of each in. so my question is have any you guys able to work money off the bike or what can i expect the dealer to do for me for flying down buying a high price bike and setting the shipping up? also no sales man can really say there is any diference in the 2 bikes expect one has a little larger fuel injector and that is it oh yea the best i heard today was one said R312 and the other said F4 1000 on the tail that was the only difference hahaha. I am sure once I transfer money to hold the bike the real talking will begin or am i wasting my time trying to haggle i know with the Japanese bikes there is no real haggling but you get a free helmet maybe a cover and a hand shake. I would think $25,000 you would get something. the place in Vegas was talking about the build up fee and others and now the bike basically out the door another 5-600 bones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:04 PM

I wouldn't buy from any dealer who says there is no difference, they're probably just trying to move thier older bikes.
I think you could haggle a little, but the profit margin is pretty slim on MV's, and MV dealers usually have a high overhead and carry the bikes a little longer than typical dealers.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 11:07 PM

It's hard to shave $$ off of a current model MV. Most of us try to get the dealership to throw in "incentives" rather than reduce the sales price..... try to get the first service included (600.00 or so value), maybe a jacket..... you get the idea. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Established Member

Down here at our local dealership they are selling four black 1000R (Nero) models with a $5000 discount. **$17,000** !!!!!! and i have also heard of a few other areas doing the same clearing out the older models.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 AM

1. new 30mm del west titanium valves with reinforced springs
throttle bodies from 46mm to 48mm and longer intake horns
8hp increase over standard f4

2. 183hp @ 12,400rpm no speed limiter
3. 998cc stock
4. rear seat height adjustment
5. brembo six spoke forged wheels
6. options 1+1
7. radial mono-blocks ( brembo)
8. comes set in kilometers from factory needs to be reset to mph
9. updated from 1000r weber Marelli 5 SM engine management system
10. same chassie as f4 1000
11. 50mm marzocchi fork
(carbon-nitrate treated 13 compression and 22 rebound settings)
12. Sachs rear shock
13. will find out how many will be made when I talk to the guys from Italy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

thanks, i just had read on some post about a rear stand,battery charger and such. since i will be no where in a dealer for service maybe i can get a jacket thrown in. just did not want to fly back home smiling about my purchase to find out i should had gotten a rear stand and some other goodies normally thrown in.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDmn
Down here at our local dealership they are selling four black 1000R (Nero) models with a $5000 discount. **$17,000** !!!!!! and i have also heard of a few other areas doing the same clearing out the older models.
My mistake I was misinformed. It's the 2006 "S" models.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

well i called the dealership in Seattle and the guy i have been talking to said I would get a rear stand,battery charger he would throw in a MV cover and wanted me to feel like i just bought a high end priced bike and i would be taken care of. Also said that the Ducati service guy here who does MV service could take care of my bike and would not affect my warranty. They have only had there bikes there for like a week or so and wanted to make sure the word got out that they will take care of guys paying top dollar for a bike. so i am going to put some udder cream on and see about gettting a discounted jacket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode