New member - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Hi folks just wanted to introduce myself. I have a few questions. I am currently in the market for a new bike and i have been drooling over an MV for a few years now. I am just about ready to make my commitment to an expensive Italian bike. When I seen the new 1098 I was telling myself with that price tag that is the one i want i have a soft spot for v twins. Anyhoo now I am thinking I should chalk up the wallet and buy an MV. so my question which i searched other post for answers is this. I will be living no where near an MV dealer although we do have 2 MV 750's in the state and i would have no way of getting a bike to them to be serviced.How important is the dealer service at 600mi. my Yammy R1, R6 and other bikes i have always taken care of and never had a dealer service them and have over 20,000 miles on each. I would hate to find out the machines can be finicky and need to be looked over at the recommended times. I know nothing of Italian bikes and would think they are just as solid as their Japanese competitors. Also as far as mods go I have made up my mind no more modding ever (at least in my head) but slip-ons for sound would be nice i have searched endlessly and cannot seem to find a lot out there is FBF a good company? are the RG3's,Arrow or what are some companies out there that sell parts also with just slip ons i should not need a PC3 or a chip right? thanks for any help and do you guys recommend any dealers on the west coast? last question i am looking to get the R312 is there any huge differences in the bike over the R?

AL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 AM

the stock pipes are Arrows

DocMV

- MV Agusta Brutale RR1090
- Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
- Ducati Monster 659

The only thing better than a fast Italian motorcycle is several fast italian motorcycles.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
If you get the R 312 you are SET! Great choice!

A lot of the exhaust systems will come with a new chip.. check out emotoUK's selection to get an idea of whats available:

http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/f4exhausts.htm
You will see that the MV Agusta / Corse have EPROMs.

As for maintenance, there are a few members I know who perform all of their own service. MV's are well built!!

I hope to see some photos of your soon to be MV in alaska. What a beautiful place that I hope to visit one day
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

thanks. the riding up here is not as great as you would think but still nice. My favorite ride is in Suches, Ga just south of Deals gap. these 2 roads are amazing and the towns are very very biker friendly the 2most traveled roads in the US. Now that i am making Alaska my permanent home i would like to have what i think is a collectors bike i ride during the summer and massage in the winters.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If you want a collectors bike and you are partial to twins your logical choice is the 1098 Tricolore. It will be the same price as an '07 MV but:

The TC is 2007 only.

I believe that only 400 were made.

I love my Brutale and am dangerously close to buying an F4. But I have trouble keeping track of all the limited edition MVs. (Ago, Tamburini, Corse, Nieman Marcus, Senna, etc.) I think the Ducati TC will be rarer.

CAG
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 12:20 AM

the u.s.a will only get 150 r312's
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksmith
the u.s.a will only get 150 r312's

Surley more? production has been set at 4000 per annum...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 08:47 AM

Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

well i put my hard earned money down today on a 312 the dealer seems to be going out of his way he threw in a cover and iasked if he would scratch that and lets go with a jacket the red original one and he said get me your size so we will see what happens with that. also only like 150 maybe afew more were coming to the states and only like 40 ithink of the black a lot dealers did not order were afraid it would not sale. i should be flying down next to buy then set up shipping. wish me luck on cheap airfare since the bike is not helping this out in that department.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Mate there is a post on an Australian magazine article on the 312R read that.

I would have chosen the 312R, I think you will be in heaven.

Good luck.

MVA Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode