How far hae you gone. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

How far have you gone.

So what is the longest time you have spent on your f4. I have the opportunity to buy an 02 model for a good price but since my truck is dead and would not make the 10 hour, 635 mile trip anyway i have a couple of options. I can pay to have it shipped or i can make fly down and make the ride back. I would only have two days to get back for work. So has anyone done 10 hours in one or two days on their f4. I hear the seat is the worst of it all. The most i have done before is six on my 01 gsxr1000 and that wasn't too bad. I did 4 on my ducati 748. Now this will be all interstate driving which means no fun but worth it to get the bike i think. Or is it smarter to just pay for it to be shipped. I did a couple of searches and only found a couple of threads about long trips.

Last edited by Outkasted; 04-24-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM
Established Member

Did 12 hrs on a Blade from Barcelona to Calais a couple of years back.
Couldn't stand up for 24hrs afterwards - did I need the bed on the ferry or what !
Rode 9 hrs from home to Le Mans last year,(again on the Blade) not too bad, but the ride home in the rain was a dog !
Owning an F4 now, & not knowing a Chiropractor, personally I'd ship it !
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:15 PM

I would rent a truck and pick it up. Probably still cheaper then flying one way and riding it back.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 PM

I've done 300+ in a day, but that was going out for enjoyment, and there is a difference as we take the twisties etc which is a lot more tiring, I think on a straight motorway/interstate ride you could do it in one day,

A mate of mine rode his back to the south of the UK from the MV Factory after it packed up whilst visiting there

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 PM

if you have the time, i would rent a truck and pick it up...maybe even see how far the guy is willing to meet you. i would be cautious riding a bike you've never even started or seen run for 1 hr not to metnion 10hrs...with no tools, no experience or nothing. my opinion of course...
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Good point. Did not think of the breaking down part. I will have to look at renting a truck.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Established Member

I rode both my F4 and Brutale from London to Barcelona (not at the same time ). Each trip was just over 1000 miles and took around 20 hours including all stops and crossings. I was pretty tired with a few aches and pains for a few days but nothing that stopped me getting on with life. I'm 40+ and suffer lower back ache after a few hours in a museum and I'd rather spend 10 hours on my MVs than in a museum!

Go and ride it back - it's a little adventure that you won't forget and will 'bond' you closely to your new bike. I've never had a break down on my MVs (touching wood) but it's worth making sure you've got break down cover. Cheers
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 06:50 PM

I bought my F4 on ebay, it had 10k on the clock, I flew to Scottsdale AZ to pick it up and rode it home to Greenwich, CT by way of Malibu, CA. The bikes are strong... have faith, you'll have a blast!
Attached Images

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:05 PM

My longest was 820 and was in the Ozarks..it was a couple of years back. I've had a number of weekend days in the 5-600's and it's not as big of a deal if you are in riding condition.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am really not worried about physical condition. Now i am kinda wondering about breaking down since style_one has brought it up. Greylola weren't you at all worried about flying out and buying a bike off ebay unseen. I am a little worried although the owner says it is in perfect condition and the pictures he sent look good. I checked the vin number and that did nothing as i found in another thread i posted here. What other assurances did you get Greylola before you went and picked yours up. I have been trying to reserve a truck in ATL so i could fly down and drive back, but no luck in reserving a truck so i am looking at renting a truck here or saying the hell with it and just riding it back. I am still on the fence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode