Fueling problems after first 600 mile service - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Fueling problems after first 600 mile service

I have just had my F4-1000 nero serviced. It was the first service after delivery and I had done just 614 miles. This is my second F4-1000, the first a 2004 model was brilliant, but had that slight hole/fuelling problem at about 4000 rpm.

The second is a late 2006 nero F4-1000. From new, riding away from the dealer and until its first service, it was linear and grunty, with buckets of torque up to 8000-9000 while running in. I stuck to 4500-5000 to 300 miles & 8000-9000 up to 600 miles first service.

The fueling was spot on, I could barrel into corners with no worries, wind on throttle mid-corned and get linear drive out of corner from low down revs. brilliant - just loved the bike and engine, stunning.

Got bike back from first service from dealer, took her home and my god, she feels bloody awful !!!!!!!!!

The low down grunt has gone, there's the hole around 4000 rpm, now you have to rev her like a 750 to get any where. The throttle mid corenr is more like a switch, which unsettles you mid-corner !!!!!!

While I was at Willingham Woods bike meet, met another guy who had F4-1000 nero, from the same dealer, he said his was brilliant until first service as well.

I am really gutted, was really looking forward to revving up to 11000, to get that air box roar. But can't ride her now without being disappointed.

In heinsight, should have asked them to leave fueling alone and not changed, is this part of service ?

Anyone had the same ?

Comments please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 07:52 PM

Im interested in this as well, my nero now ready for 600 mile service and am curious. I also have the aforementioned (another thread) overheating problem to deal with.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:24 AM

I think I would take the bike back or talk to the tech and ask him what he did to the fuelling,
F4's seem to run better when set to around 4.5%co at idle, maybe he has just reset the co wrong, or worse, set the Throttle potentiometer wrong, the second should be easy to see as he will have disturbed the yellow paint on the screws that he would need to undo to alter it

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Any chance your dealer set the fuelling to the map of a different model??
Tont

The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk
I think I would take the bike back or talk to the tech and ask him what he did to the fuelling,
F4's seem to run better when set to around 4.5%co at idle, maybe he has just reset the co wrong, or worse, set the Throttle potentiometer wrong, the second should be easy to see as he will have disturbed the yellow paint on the screws that he would need to undo to alter it
Mike, doesn't the factory recomend between 3% and 4%? I have mine set at 4.5% percent and I don't think I'd go any leaner than that.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM

Factory is 3.5 +- .5. 4.5 is above emissions but seems to be a typical sweet spot. Somewhat leaner is 'safe' but doesn't feel so great IMO.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys - she's back at the dealers tommorrow i'll let you know how it goes !!!!!!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obmot
Im interested in this as well, my nero now ready for 600 mile service and am curious. I also have the aforementioned (another thread) overheating problem to deal with.
600!! get out and ride man! we got our bikes around the same time i think, and mine has about 1100 on it...
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Was 600 a couple of weeks ago, we've had snow and salt on roads until mid march over here in the UK, MV's aren't to particular to road salt !!!!!

Now some rain has washed roads of most salt and sunny days are here, now got 1200 miles.

Back at dealers today - hopefully they'll get rid of hole between 4000 - 6000 that was not there before, also when accelerate from 5000 ish, bogs down until it hits 6500, then goes - bloody horrible !!!!!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

She has now been back to dealer and fuelling is spot on again - took about five atempts, but now spot on again.

They tried 4.5%, ran really well, but kept cutting out at traffic lights etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode