2007 MV Agusta F4 - My first impressions. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

2007 MV Agusta F4 - My first impressions.

So I now have a 2007 MV Agusta f4. My friend and I drove up to SF to pick up my new girl at Monroe motors. They kept my girls crate that I am going to build into the walls of my new garage. So there it was - this new italian beauty. A work of art all by itself, you could just park it in your living-room and marvel at its build quality, its styling, the ducts and design that makes you think of Ferrari and lamborghini instead of kawasaki and honda. So I put in the back of my friends truck and drove back to Santa Cruz with a terminal grin on my face. When we rolled it off the truck I tossed on my helmet and started it up... Very civil sounding it was! All covered with emissions control the engine sounded restricted - the poor thing was barely breathing I thought - thats okay baby, i thought, you have a nice new exhaust on order, you'll get it on your first service. So off I went.. with a surge.. wait a second.. This is more of a surge then I expected. Of and up a twisted road I go and ride with a surprise - This girl with the fancy dress on has more then I expected! barely getting past 6K the engine feels torquey and lively.. then at 8K the engine roars into its real power. Absolute surprise hits me - WHOLEY COW! The new tires not even close to being broken in break free of the pavement, the torque passing the level of adhesion to the road, they spin wildly faster then the current velocity of the pretty italian bike. Off I rocket with a level of surprise and just a hint of fear. Wait a second - This beautiful lady was hiding something! She was lying to me! There was no sexy smooth power band in this 1000CC lump, but a Thug. Thats right, a big powerful thug, a brute with all the subtlety of a being hit in the head with a baseball bat. Suddenly I found a 10,000 pound gorilla in control shouting MORE! I quickly let go of the throttle before the power of the bike throws me into a ditch and head back to my friends house. Pulling over in front of my friends house, I get off the bike and my friend walks up to me. "How's the new toy?" he asks. Toy. bike. I stare at the bike for a while and am in shock. All the normal terms for motorcycle seem to not apply to this new creature in my stable of bikes. I'd read about the new hp in the MV, I'd heard about the land speed record. I had purposely gone for the 2007 model for the HP. Knowledge is one thing - experience is another. Respect. This motorcycle with the pretty skin and the stylish handling DEMANDED respect. No subtle thing was this 2007 power plant, but a beast with more power then you'd ever need on any public road, hell depending on the track it was overkill.

Well I ride it every day, this new italian dream bike I've always wanted. Ride it with the respect it deserves. My other motorcycles will get their turn, but right now I ride the MV, getting used to the cramped saddle and the unruly brute that is its power plant. I love this bike, it's the finest motorcycle I've ever ridden. R1's seem subtle now, GSXR1000's seem timid in their repliracer ways. My MV though - My MV is something else. A breed apart, a creature unique on the road. Beauty, grace and style yes - all expected and appreciated. The MV needs something else that words are hard to capture - but while i contemplate what really makes this motorcycle unique, I plan on enjoying the experience it takes to understand it.
Andrew Denton
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R

Last edited by ScarrJaw; 04-23-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Send a message via MSN to djt77
Ahh what a great post.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Best damn write-up ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappo
Best damn write-up ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 good effort mate, that was great.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
loved your post....keep them coming. It is hard to explain what these machines a like to those who don't know, you have captured the feeling.

MVA Sydney
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Brings tears of joy to my eyes reading that post,

I want one !
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 07:14 PM

Congrats, I didn't have the attention span to read the whole thing ( I stopped at... My friend and I drove up to SF to pick up my new girl at Monroe motors...) But, Congrats on your bike. Please post pics, and register your bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2007, 09:38 PM
anothermvfanatic
yeah definately greaty write up there mate
cheers and welcome
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 AM

Well written, enjoy your new love!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 AM

Nice, i miss read the ditch part, and went wooooh ...
Then I re-read that bit ..
Nice run in.. the 1000 is a beast..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode