'06 F4 1000 or '07 1098S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

'06 F4 1000 or '07 1098S

Going through the mental debate between the 2 bikes. was leaning towards the 1098S (deposit on black s), but the prices for a new '06 F4 make it very interesting.

What are teh changes to the '07 F4 - I see the radial brakes, not sure what else.

I have had several Duc's and still have my '00 996. Figure maybe get the F4 and let the rush die down on the 1098. Lot's of first time Duc buyers in the 1098 line. So I figure in a year or so the demand will let up kinda like when the Boxster first came out. Had to wait a long time to get one and now no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Just my $0.02 but just get which ever one speaks to you. These bikes are an emotional purchase. I donit think the 1098 will go down on price much in the future. Ducati is raising the price for 07 which come out in July which will inflate the used prices on those bikes. If you want a 1098, this is a good time to buy one IMO.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliep
Going through the mental debate between the 2 bikes. was leaning towards the 1098S (deposit on black s), but the prices for a new '06 F4 make it very interesting.

What are teh changes to the '07 F4 - I see the radial brakes, not sure what else.

I have had several Duc's and still have my '00 996. Figure maybe get the F4 and let the rush die down on the 1098. Lot's of first time Duc buyers in the 1098 line. So I figure in a year or so the demand will let up kinda like when the Boxster first came out. Had to wait a long time to get one and now no problem.
Well, since you have "several Ducs" and no MVs in the registry, I'd get the F4.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 PM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
Ducati is raising the price for 07 which come out in July which will inflate the used prices on those bikes. If you want a 1098, this is a good time to buy one IMO.
Is that actually true or still just a rumor? After the sold the complete 07's pretty fast, I heard that they will add some bigger amount of dollars to the price for the 08 model. However, looking at various dealerships...you can put down a deposit on the 08 model that is still listed with the same price tag...

Ciao, Andreas
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:31 PM

I misquoted when I said they'd raise th price for 07, I meant 08 but you obviously knew what I meant. My dealer has said that the pric is going up, they don't know by how much but he expects it to $1K, he also said he'd have more room to negotiate pricing on an 08 compared to 07's. All reports say the price is going up by at least $1000 but no official confirmation from ducati. Most of the people laying out deposits for 08's know the price will be going up but there have been reports of some dealers honoring the 07 price. Hopefully it will stay low (relatively) but i still think it's a good time to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM
Is that actually true or still just a rumor? After the sold the complete 07's pretty fast, I heard that they will add some bigger amount of dollars to the price for the 08 model. However, looking at various dealerships...you can put down a deposit on the 08 model that is still listed with the same price tag...
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:50 PM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
I misquoted when I said they'd raise th price for 07, I meant 08 but you obviously knew what I meant. My dealer has said that the pric is going up, they don't know by how much but he expects it to $1K, he also said he'd have more room to negotiate pricing on an 08 compared to 07's. All reports say the price is going up by at least $1000 but no official confirmation from ducati. Most of the people laying out deposits for 08's know the price will be going up but there have been reports of some dealers honoring the 07 price. Hopefully it will stay low (relatively) but i still think it's a good time to buy.
Well...I have even heard higher numbers since the 07 model was sold that quickly. But I agree...when you are in for a 1098 it might be a good idea to shop for the 08 model. If the sell the 08 charge as fast as the 07 prices may climb up even further. On the other side...they try to compete with the Japanese 1000cc machines...so, at some point the difference in price may get too big...time will tell I guess...

Ciao, Andreas
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
Hi Charlie P.

If you can swing it go for a ride on both.

I have mates who have same Ducati's as you that pulled out of the 1098 after riding, in their words...their current 996's a 9 out of 10, and the 1098 is a 9.5. Great but not worth trading up.
That being the case, and you can afford it, why not have a Duke and a MV. Then all you have to stress out about is, "do I take the twin or the 4?"...hhmmm lifes good!

MVA Sydney
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 04:48 AM

Exactly as the others have said, you've already got a 996 - which many consider the best of the 916 family. The 1098 is less desirable to me, at least.. and who wouldn't want the opportunity to wake up and choose between an Italian V-twin and an Italian inline 4?

Do everything you can in life to be spoilt for choice.. and variety
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Smile

It really boils down to whether you prefer a big twin or an in-line 4.

I like both so I got both. If I already had a 996 and I got a 1098 which one would I ride on a sunny afternoon? One of them would become redundant I guess!! In your situation I would get the MV but then I'm not you. Confused??? So am I now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 AM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
It really boils down to whether you prefer a big twin or an in-line 4.

I like both so I got both. If I already had a 996 and I got a 1098 which one would I ride on a sunny afternoon?
So...how do you decide whether you want to ride the big twin or the inline 4 on a sunny afternoon instead?

Ciao, Andreas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode