damn - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

damn

i took a r312 for a test ride today it was very nice. i dont think its as fast as my gsxr but the ride was awsome. it was smooth the throttle was excellent and i dont believe i have ever felt the way i did on it. hard to explain didnt even feel like i was on a motorcycle. people say what they want about mv you dont get that feeling on anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Smile

Are you going to buy one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 AM

You know you want to!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:05 AM

312 not as fast as gixer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
i took a r312 for a test ride today it was very nice. i dont think its as fast as my gsxr but the ride was awsome. it was smooth the throttle was excellent and i dont believe i have ever felt the way i did on it. hard to explain didnt even feel like i was on a motorcycle. people say what they want about mv you dont get that feeling on anything else.
Excuse me if I am wrong, but 312 stands for 312kph which equates to 196mph. I don't know any Gixer 1000's that will do that without having some serious mods done to it.

I was told that this is officially THE fastest production bike in the world. Am I mistaken?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

yeah i do want one. trying to talk myself out of it for this year. i have bought 4 different bikes this year not counting the r1 i had. my dealer said he allready has my 750 sold. lol
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Quote:
i took a r312 for a test ride today it was very nice. i dont think its as fast as my gsxr but the ride was awsome.
I really doubt what u said coz theres no way a GSXR can be faster
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

sorry the 312 is fast but the gixxer is violent. they will all do 186 and no faster but i think the zook is quicker. dont get me wrong i would trade 5 gsxrs for a 312 but still not as quick. and the 312 had rg3s and a flashed ecu tuned by ferracci.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
they will all do 186 and no faster but i think the zook is quicker.
To the best of my knowledge, this is a true statement for motorcycles of Japanese origin only, resulting from more or less of a "gentlemen's agreement" between the Japanese factories to essentially end the top-speed war amongst them. Italian manufacturers were not in any way involved in this. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Also, there is no current law in the US limiting top speed of production motorcycles, that I am aware of.

"Quicker" might be a better adjective, implying acceleration over "Faster" , which I read as top-speed. Gearing would play a part in this, and seat-of-the pants impressions can be misleading. Not saying you are wrong, just saying a controlled and timed test might either confirm or disprove your gut. Also, what is "quicker"? 0-30? 0-60? 0-100? 0-196?

I've got my vest on, flame away if needed.

BTW, I am jealous you got to test ride it...Gots to find me one of them SOON!

Griff
twoeleven
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
a SMOOTH throttle.....
hmmmmm
now THAT would be an oddity on an MV off the showroom floor

are you sure?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode