F4 750s can't start problem ~~ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

F4 750s can't start problem ~~

My bike model is 2004 MV agusta F4 750s . I have check Electronic Circuits ,Wiring harness Cables Loom and sensor is all ok but i check ECU no signal go to the Coils when i try start the bike . I have check the coils is ok , just ECU no signal give the coils so no High-voltage go to Spark Plug and i cannot start the bike . I have change Ignition Key set before but this key set is come from 05 MV Agusta F4 1000 , have any affect for bike ?? I cannot start my bike now , the problem is ECU or ignition key set ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 PM

Sounds like 'safety circuits', Is neutral light coming on? Stating obvious is kill switch on? (We have all done it at least once ! Lol), check kill switch/side stand switch and neutral switches individualy disconnected with multimeter for open/closed circuit when operated, if all switches and connectors are ok most likely culprit is diodes ....hope this helps
Jon
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF4 View Post
Sounds like 'safety circuits', Is neutral light coming on? Stating obvious is kill switch on? (We have all done it at least once ! Lol), check kill switch/side stand switch and neutral switches individualy disconnected with multimeter for open/closed circuit when operated, if all switches and connectors are ok most likely culprit is diodes ....hope this helps
Jon
I check all switches and connectors is ok . Which one diodes parts most likely culprit ?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

"ounds like 'safety circuits', Is neutral light coming on? Stating obvious is kill switch on?"

I was at Indy Ducati in the parking lot, and wanted them to take a quick look at the bike I had just gotten running. Guy takes a look, crank crank crank crank. "Well, it won't start."

I reach over and flick the switch to Run.

"Oh. Guess I never turn that switch off."

Everybody does it...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 PM

If i remember right it is near fuse box under tank. I had corrosion/furred up connection on diode so it was a bit intermittent. Seen a thread on here somewhere about replacing blown diodes (easy and cheap from electronics shop like maplin). You didnt mention does your bike have s hard wired alarm with immobiliser like a datatool system 3? Does fuel pump run up when you switch ign on? Will starter spin over?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Kincaid View Post
"ounds like 'safety circuits', Is neutral light coming on? Stating obvious is kill switch on?"

I was at Indy Ducati in the parking lot, and wanted them to take a quick look at the bike I had just gotten running. Guy takes a look, crank crank crank crank. "Well, it won't start."

I reach over and flick the switch to Run.

"Oh. Guess I never turn that switch off."

Everybody does it...
I never turn that switch off too .....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Lol i kept my visor down to hide embarrassment on petrol station forecourt lol
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensonF4 View Post
If i remember right it is near fuse box under tank. I had corrosion/furred up connection on diode so it was a bit intermittent. Seen a thread on here somewhere about replacing blown diodes (easy and cheap from electronics shop like maplin). You didnt mention does your bike have s hard wired alarm with immobiliser like a datatool system 3? Does fuel pump run up when you switch ign on? Will starter spin over?
no any immobiliser in my bike. Fuel pump can run when i switch ign on . The starter have spin over . How i can check all diode work or not ?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waione197 View Post
no any immobiliser in my bike. Fuel pump can run when i switch ign on . The starter have spin over . How i can check all diode work or not ?
Check 40 amp fuse on the left hand side of the bike
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 05:44 PM

New Site Garage
I imagine that if the the bike is turning over, then the 40A fuse should be okay. The diode's on your model is here I think, might be worth checking them out.

Check this out - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76593

Tell us how your problem first started, did you replace the battery ?
Attached Images

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Last edited by Donsy; 02-06-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode