Thinking about trading for an f4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Thinking about trading for an f4

I have an 05 Brutale 750S. Im thinkin of trading it in for the f4 1000s or R depending on the deal i get. Obviously the brutale is more comfortable but i had a Ducati 748 before that. For those of you with f4's have you ever ridden a 748 and hows the comfort comparable? the duc was absolutely horrid in the comfort department but like the MV absolutely gorgeous in looks. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
FSL

I have not ridden 748 but I have 999 which is like a couch compare to F4 IMO lot more comfy seat height is also 2.5 inches less. F4 has the most aggressive riding position I have seen on any sport bike. Having said all that I would still want you to get F4
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 12:55 PM

I have a 749, and although the seat is as hard as a wooden plank, it is much more comfortable compared to the F4. But riding the F4 on the road is sheer exhileration, and I think that itself compensates for the iron butt feeling
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Established Member

I have both - a 750 F4 and 910 Brutale - F4 is gorgeous (looks and handling) but make sure you get as much time on one before pulling the trigger as you may miss the easily accessable fun of the Brutale.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:11 PM

Post Aggressive riding position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSL
I have not ridden 748 but I have 999 which is like a couch compare to F4 IMO lot more comfy seat height is also 2.5 inches less. F4 has the most aggressive riding position I have seen on any sport bike. Having said all that I would still want you to get F4
Have you ever ridden a Benelli Tornado Tre? When I had mine your where glad of a rest when the fuel ran out!

When I had my crash the petrol tank shape severly modified my plums which went the same colour as the said fruit! Still, I miss he though as there was only 3 of them in my area and she got looked and talked about wherever she went!

Only 3 weeks to go before I get my F4R!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

the 749 and 999 is worlds of difference away from the 748 i've ridden the 749 and even as aggressive as that was it was 100 times more comfortable than my 748 with a corbin seat. i sat on the f4 today it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbenelli
Have you ever ridden a Benelli Tornado Tre? When I had mine your where glad of a rest when the fuel ran out!

When I had my crash the petrol tank shape severly modified my plums which went the same colour as the said fruit! Still, I miss he though as there was only 3 of them in my area and she got looked and talked about wherever she went!

Only 3 weeks to go before I get my F4R!

I just looked at your album. That tank was clearly designed by a woman .

As far as comfort goes I think it will depend on your size and the type of riding you are doing. I'm about 5'10" and it fits me pretty well. Coming from an RC51, I think the F4 is more comfortable. The seat is thinly padded but the shape of the pan just works. 100+ miles of freeway droning and I wasn't miserable like I would be on the RC. My only comfort complaints really occur when freeway cruising. The bars are a bit buzzy which makes my fingers go numb, this is not an issue when riding at pace and I haven't changed the brake lever position et which may help (along with heavier bar end weights). It is a racebike and comfort is usually inversely proportional to the racebike position.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM

I have a 748 and an F4. There's not a great deal between them, but I think the F4's just that little bit more uncomfortable. I think the fact that the 748 is narrower allows me to move around a bit more when riding. Maybe that helps.

The first time I rode my F4 I really thought I'd made a mistake. It was absolutely painful. However, I'd not really ridden for the previous 6 months due to illness, so I'd probably have found the 748 just as painful at that point!

A year later and I'm just as at home on both. The 748 feels a lot smaller, despite being taller. The F4 is more comfortable at high speeds due to the larger screen I think, but that means the wind doesn't give your arms a rest either.

Si
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

im a little guy 5'8 160lbs (sorry sicilians dont grow much). The seat im gonna have changed anyway i have a guy local that does custom fabrics and stuff so im gonna have do the seat. What about those ferracci handle bars risers for the 750, do those fit by any chance? that seems like it will make a world of difference
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 PM

F4 is very close to 998/748 (practically it’s their evolution), similar seat position (even it is a little bit wider), similar driving technique and feed-back (practically no coast in at corner entry), but F4 has a much, much better front system.

For someone whom his driving style (at corner entry) is just open or closing the throttle (nothing else in between), than, I believe, the F4 is the best bike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode