1000R vs 1098S vs tornado tre 1130 vs RSV Mille R Factory in Danish - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

1000R vs 1098S vs tornado tre 1130 vs RSV Mille R Factory in Danish

My dad brought me this magazine back from Copenhagen. I thought I'd share since it shows the MV crushing everyone at the track and leading in power numbers. The Ducati was the only bike even close on the track. Although even with the MV's power and speed, it seemed the riders on the last page preferred the Duc, and even the Aprilia beat the MV in the "subjective rankings"
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
it seemed the riders on the last page preferred the Duc, and even the Aprilia beat the MV in the "subjective rankings"
Maybe they genuinely prefer those bikes (they are great bikes) or maybe the advertising factor is coming into play here.

I don't know about over there but here both Aprilia and Ducati eclipse MV in the amount of advertising they do in the local mags...

Either way good to see the MV doing so well with the numbers.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 08:14 PM

+1

Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway.
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
That's funny to me. It's like "This is the fastest bike around the track. It looks the best. It has the highest horsepower and torque. It rides like something out of this world, but I prefer the other bike." wtf???

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:28 PM

New Site Garage
The mags are never consistent. He in the state when the ZX-10 came out it won everything just because of the engine. That is all they talked about is the power. Sometimes they will pick the bike with the best track times. Next time it the one which is the best on the street. I think it all comes down to which company is giving them the most ad money. I could be wrong on this, what it comes down to me on is which bike fits my style of riding and ego at the time.
Andrew
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Look at the Ducati torque at 3500 and 7900 rpm's!!!! Wow!!

I'm sure they liked that!! With that kind of torque advantage, you wouldn't even notice the 12 horsepower deficit!

CURRENT RIDE
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S

FORMER RIDES
'08 Ducati Hypermotard S
'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 S
'01 Ducati 996
'05 Ducati Monster S4R
'04 Yamaha R1
'01 Yamaha R1
'99 Ducati 748
'99 Yamaha R6
'92 Honda CBR600 F2
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psperl
My dad brought me this magazine back from Copenhagen. I thought I'd share since it shows the MV crushing everyone at the track and leading in power numbers. The Ducati was the only bike even close on the track. Although even with the MV's power and speed, it seemed the riders on the last page preferred the Duc, and even the Aprilia beat the MV in the "subjective rankings"

It is funny that the tests in the finnish Bike magazine is won by Suzuki or Yamaha or .......about the Duc they always said:good brakes fun in the track but......it is always the last in the test.In my opinion they may have some influence by somewhere in their comments .
Very subjective when you look the cold facts.

mike

Starfighter Titanium R
Ducati 998S

post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21
It is funny that the tests in the finnish Bike magazine is won by Suzuki or Yamaha or .......about the Duc they always said:good brakes fun in the track but......it is always the last in the test.In my opinion they may have some influence by somewhere in their comments .
Very subjective when you look the cold facts.

mike
well u are absolutely rite.... i have never read anywhere stating that an italian bike is superb and won the test or race..... its always the jap bikes

kinda contradicting with all the italian technology
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:12 PM

I personally think that the Duc 1098S is prob easier to ride looking at the torque curve. And I think I like the look of the Ducati better than the Agusta. The Agusta is timeless yes but the new Ducati is just incredible looking. The front is gorgeous. That has always trurned me off is the front of the Agusta....
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad
I personally think that the Duc 1098S is prob easier to ride looking at the torque curve. And I think I like the look of the Ducati better than the Agusta. The Agusta is timeless yes but the new Ducati is just incredible looking. The front is gorgeous. That has always trurned me off is the front of the Agusta....
TO each its own, well i love the look of the overall agusta.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode