To do slip ons or not? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

To do slip ons or not?

Just bought a 06 1000S and need to know what is the thought about the slip ons. I am going to do the mid pipe and the chip but not sure if I should do the MV rg3. Are they much loader and do they change the sound quite a bit or can I get away with just the mid pipe and chip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Established Member

Chip this chip that..forget chips. You can burn a eprom to suit a given setup, but each bike is a bit different.
Buy a Power comander, it will give you more degree of freedom, and will stay your friend, if you change later.

johnnie

"This journal is no advocate of furious driving, but there are times when rapid travelling is justifiable, necessary, and enjoyable."
Motorcycle magazine June 5, 1907
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM

Congrats on your new purchase. From what I've heard on the forum the RG3s are the best sounding for the price (vs. titanium motocorse). There should be some sound clips in the media section, check it out.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Smile

Also check out Emoto's special Ti slip on's, not that much dearer than the RG3's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Any idea of a dealer who may have the RG3

Looking to get the quick and being told by FBF it is a good month out before they can get them? I am looking to find a dealer in the US to get them quicker and not get killed with the exchange rate.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarlvr
Looking to get the quick and being told by FBF it is a good month out before they can get them? I am looking to find a dealer in the US to get them quicker and not get killed with the exchange rate.

Good luck.....I've been waiting for four months....still nothing yet
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarlvr
My RG3's were ordered over a month ago and I am still waiting. I have an SPR and they had trouble sourcing the EPROM for my model. That is what was taking so long. I got word they shipped them last Friday. It takes some time and unless you find someone with them in stock, which I couldn't good luck getting them quickly.

2002 MV F4 1+1 Sold
2002 MV F4 S Sold
2004 MV SPR Sold (CAG)
2008 1098S Sold
2006 999R Sold
2011 MTS 1200S Touring
2001 748R #0682
1998 916 SPS #0278

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|--DUCATI CORSE-----| ||'|";,__.
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode