2nd bike? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

2nd bike?

I've got a 2007 BMW Mini on order, and the other day I jokingly pointed out to my wife that technically, a second bike could fit in the garage because this new car is so small. Rather than the ridicule I expected, she shot back with "Fine. As long as it has a passenger seat".

So this introduces a quandary I hadn't expected. What would be a good second bike? I already have a 2000 F4 (single seat) that I love dearly. My only complaint is that I can only ride it about 100 miles before my wrists start killing me. I only ride on the weekends and don't commute with the bike, so practicality really isn't that important. I really enjoy the exclusivity of the MV so something ordinary is out of the question.

My first thought was a Brutale. I see that a number of members here have both. Friends have suggested everything from a mid 60's Lambretta to putting a deposit down on a Victory Vision (hows that for a range!)

Thoughts? Sounds like a fun problem to me!

Kent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'd like a brutale next to my F4... i was sitting on the 910R just the other day.. quite a different seating position and quite a comfy seat as compared to our F4s.. DO IT!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 11:58 PM

get the brutale, even my wife can stand 150 mile runs on it; I can do well over 400 without trouble.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 AM

06 Brutale 910S
1983 Suzuki 1100
1975 Norton 850 cammando
2001 Honda CR250
The next one fast but comfortable BMW 2007 K1200R Sport (cant Wait)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:17 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Get the Brutale
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Established Member

I was in exactly the same position as you a month ago... I bought a Brutale 910S and my girl is very excited about going for rides with me now. I did a 1000 miles in the first 20 hours and it's very different from the F4 750. Also, if you felt lucky to have one MV you'll feel three times as lucky with two. Now how would it feel to have a 312 too???
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks - You guys are confirming my initial impression. I'll have to stop by ProItalia this weekend and take a demo ride. How is a naked bike for longer freeway trips?
Kent
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 AM

don't want to get shot here, because the brutale is a beautiful bike. but since you have a F4, do you think you want a different experience? like a different motor? twin/triple? i think for my second bike, i'm thinking more cruiser type. something that lets me enjoy riding slow and easy...but that's just my ? to you and my opinion. if you LOVE everything about the F4, then brutale...why not!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I think they sold their 910 demo a bit ago. Probably have to contact one of them to see what they can provide you

Although on the PI website i do see a 910R demo? Wonder if that was just added, if so i'm going to have to ride that!

Last edited by alvin; 04-04-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode