CF Hugger eroding away? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

CF Hugger eroding away?

I have an '07 F4-1000 Senna with just shy of 1100 miles on it, and the rear hugger is falling apart on me! I am trying to claim defective/warrantee on it, but I'm not sure how much luck I'm going to have.

Basically the lip/edge of the hugger has been eaten away about 1/4 inch and then some. It looks like it is just dissolving. (The bike is up at airfuel's place for some mods, maybe he can post a picture here to show you).

Has anyone else had this problem or anything similar with their hugger before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 AM

Could it be from rubbing on the wheel??? Unless you have put something on it to have caused this problem as it was fitted at/by the factory IMHO I would say you have a strong argument for replacement.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
I've noticed that alot of the 1000 Senna's Carbon looks different than "normal" MV Corse carbon. The three 1000 Sennas that I saw in person all had a dull finish to the carbon. All other MV Corse carbon that I've seen have a very deep gloss. I actually pointed this out to my dealer as well. Not sure if this has anything to do with it,.....

Live to Ride
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to curi0usmind
These picture kinda show's what I'm talking about with the Senna's Carbon in comparison to the other MV Corse carbon finish.
Attached Images

Live to Ride
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 AM

After 1200Kms mine looks as good as new, and I do agree with comments on the final finish, its seems just to be a gloss thing. I have bought heaps of MVsp stuff for my S, and its a bit of a gamble to the gloss levels you might get (not a quality issue as this is always first class)
I actually prefer the more matt version on carbon, its just again what you prefer
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Established Member

No, but warping fairing

No carbon problems anywhere on the bike. Don't know if it makes any difference, but I've polihsed my carbon with Carnuba wax even before it was ridden the first time. Of course, this wouldn't help with the underside of the fenders. But as of now, I don't have any disintegration of any sort.

I only have 150 miles on my bike. I waited for all the road salt to get washed away before heading out on the bike, otherwise I'd have more miles on it.

Question, have you had any trouble with your right side mid fairing? The portion of the fairing closest to the catalytic converter is warped from heat. It is especially noticible on the narrowest portion just to the rear of the last fastner. At that point, the fairing is warped away from the lower faring and is quite noticible.

I am hoping that my replacement full exhaust will cool off that area and I can somehow straighten the fairing, but I have at least another month of waiting for the replacement pipes.

Don't mean to change the topic, just wanted to ask while were talking about Senna issues.

Senna 1000, 06 zx10r - past 82 kz750, 82 gpz750, 87 1000 ninja, 92 cbr900rr, 2000 cbr929, 03 gsx-r1000

Last edited by hellcat; 04-02-2007 at 07:32 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 03:25 PM

Speed,

I'll take a look at it. I just put on the MV rear hugger on my Brute so I can make a comparison.

John T
Certified Power Commander Tech.
Authorized Tuning Center/Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 AM

Just checked mine out, and there is no heat damage (I did remove cat at first service and replaced with Ti mid pipe) Ive done about 1200 odd kms.
I find it quite amazing that the QA is so poor on such an expensive bike.
Mine came from factory missing tail vent mesh! I mean how can they miss that!! A simple walk around the bike and its obvious, the dealer fixed this up really quickly so I didn't have to wait 4 month for parts from Italy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

From the Hooray-Everything-on-the-Bike-including-the-Warrantee-works Dept.

Hey there, just an update. I received word from the dealer is that I am being taken care of regarding the CF Hugger - a warranteed replacement is on the way. Just thought I'd let everyone know that it's all good in the end (perhaps it was just a fault from the production line)

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Good to hear.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode