Rear Integrated Taillights - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Rear Integrated Taillights

After much anticipation my 2006 F4 has arrived...what a beauty !

I planned on buying integrated rear blinkers and use the brake lights for them, but to my surprise it was already done. Problem is, they are backwards. Front left blinker works great, but the rear right is blinking. And opposite for the other side .

I'm sure this is an easy fix, and it's probably posted somewhere in this forum. If so, could someone shoot me the link? If not, where do I look to reverse the rear blinker polarity?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 PM

New Site Garage
It must be wired backwards under the seat section. Should have lines running for the brake light and two different ones for the turn signals. Lift your tail section up to see how they spaced the wires together. I used a quick release on mine to make it easier to remove the tail section and not have to mess with the wires every time.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:16 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Like Andrew said, probably just plugged up backwards. Unless the PO did something crazy there are 3 water resistant connectors on the right hand side under the seat next to the relay. One for the plate light and two for the turn signals. Just gotta swap those.

I also marked one set with a silver pen to make it easier.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Before I go cutting wires, I just want to be sure I know exactly which ones we're referring to. I took some pics of 1) directly under the tail 2) mid way under the tail and 3) under the seat. The colors all change along the way so it's tricky for me to know exactly which wires end up where. I can take some close up or different pics if you guys would like and post them.

Ideally I'd like to get these fixed prior to taking her out to far from home. Sorry for such large pictures...wasn't sure how else to do it...
Attached Images

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 08:11 PM

If you look at the last picture, it's the two plugs in the middle of the photo, the ones with the red and white wires. Just swap those.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

well, that was ridiculously simple. no cutting or re-splicing..just swapped the quick connects. you guys rock..thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode