How collectable - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
How collectable

Hi guys and girls,
Been a member for years but don't post much, spend my time wandering around the site keeping an eye on the newer bikes especially the MY13 bikes. I have an EVO3 2003 750 which I cherish, owned for nearly 8 years now and only do about 400 miles a year when the weather is right. I own an XJR1300 and a 1983 Honda MBX 125 for riding too, obviously the MV is the special one.
I wanted to know if the Evo3 is collectable, never going to sell and its immaculate with extras (Senna road pipes) and felt that the early MV's although now not very technically advanced to the new ones is still a good bike to keep hold of. I would love to know how many are around. My insurance company have given me a hint that the prices are creeping up due to my guaranteed value has gone from 6500 to 8k over the years, knowing that that a good 750 are now worth more that the some 1000's. Any views would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 AM

Kept in original specification I believe also they are in the ascendancy. I also think that the MVs pre 2010 will be seen as collectible in time as the build quality lets say didn't get any better after 2009..imho of course.

joe
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 09:48 AM

I would go to great lengths to hold onto an EVO3 if I had one.

2013 F4RR
2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamburini
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S (all sold)
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Agreed, the Evo3 is a keeper, in terms of collectibility, the first and last of a series run, generally, are the most valuable.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Hi Chris, you're F4 is a credit to you. Great looking group. Gotta b worth holding onto a good 750 unless the money (or the space) is essential. The values are so all over the place that it gets stupid. I see an original 750 senna on for 18k! They can advertise them at this silly money but do they sell?

I am on my 3rd 750. Had an evo1 that was fantastic once my old mate McMivvi (god rest his soul) sorted out the gearing and the saggy suspension. Sold it only to regret it within a couple of months and bought another evo1 and it didn't matter what we did with it, it was just never anything like as good as my first. That's what we love about. MV - unique!

So sold that and managed another couple of months without one in the garage before putting my hands on an SR. The absolute last of the 750s. I've had it for about 4 years now and to be honest I never use it. Been sorn for last 3. Maybe this year? But the gap in my garage if it wasn't there would be huge. I go through phases every now and again and think about selling, but then I try to put a value on her and it always comes back as worth more to me than it is to the market!!

Anyway sorry for rambling on just wanted to share. There is always gonna be guys like us out there that will use a ridiculous amount of their hard earned cash to have an F4. Even if it is just to treasure!

Cheers Dave
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Dave, you need to at the very least start that thing periodically, but if you don't want to do that, drop a teaspoon of oil into all the spark plug entry and turn it over without plugs inserted for a few seconds, then replace the plugs. Store in 35-55% relative humidity with toped off stabilized gas. Change stabilized gas after 1 year at most. Better off putting 100-200 miles/ year, this way you can at the very least enjoy it. BTW, wasn't the 2004 SPR last of the 750's?

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Thanks for the input. Yip I really need to get her on the road this summer. I can't handle all the hoo haa necessary for keeping a bike laid up. Fortunately I do keep her running and I have a bit of private road for a short blast. But I know it's not enough.

The SR was the last of the 750s using 300 of the SPR engines that had been put aside for the Ago version before the decided to make it a 1000cc. There were only 20 of this last 750 production run sold in UK.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 09:17 PM

Chris,

The UK market value is rising for earlier F4s for some unknown reason. My insurer wanted to inspect my bike last year after I valued it at £7000 which I thought was fair considering its age and standard. The guy shocked me when he said that I had undervalued and the guaranteed value would be £10k.

It probably helped with the 18K Senna that Vfrbhoy mentioned being the only one available in the UK at the time. They are special but try and ride it more, I tend to find I'll only be an hour can quickly turn into a day on the Senna.

Good luck if you do try and sell it, but don't do it now wait until there is some sun in Blighty; which may be never.

Dan

The power one person holds is not determined by the individual but by the audience who recieves them.

Current stable:
MV Agusta F4 750 Senna 106/300
Triumph Street Triple
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Ref DRMASIS question on last of the 750s

This article probably exists somewhere on the site but I couldn't find it quickly and thought I'd post. It's MCN article from the time of the last 750s - the SR. Hopefully it is readable. Dave

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Kept in original specification I believe.

joe
Always seems odd to me in that a well modded bike actually improves it.
Many of the 500cc 2 strokes are modded, and they now fetch good money, sorry I sold my modded RZV500R, but I was skint at the time.
Six years later it was worth perhaps twice the amount.

So is my 2000 F4 worth less after it's £2000 worth of mods? I didn't spend much, the other 6 owners did.
I still have the standard(ugly)pipes, and original plastic instead of CF fitted. So I suppose if you are correct I could sell the extras separately.
My wheels are now red and the rims mirror polished, along with the engine casings and most of the bikes Aluminium.
She gets alot of compliments.

Forza Italia sell an F4 for more with carbon Fibre on it.
Not that I intend to sell!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode